SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
monchere
Style_council
monchere

I love shoes. But I need orthodics, and most shoes with orthodics are really ugly. I have problems with my arches. I also tend to roll my ankle when I step, so I’ve been given metatarsal support. So, does anyone know of any shoes that are pretty but have a bit more arch and metatarsal support? I know this is a weird question, but I hate not being able to wear all these pretty shoes I see!

posted over 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

We are in the same boat! I know the frustration that comes with this! I have really high arches which have led to sesamoiditis (a problem in my metatarsals). I have some gel orthotics but am getting new arch support orthotics with a metatarsal bar, etc. I have been wearing Naots for a few months which fit my current inserts well. Here is a link to a cute pair [Naot mary janes]
Whatever you end up with, get it in black, because then, even if you hate them, they will blend in with black tights, black pants, etc. Also, maxi skirts are great for hiding shoes!

I wouldn’t recommend danskos, as much as I like their look, because the platform height will make you even more prone to turning your ankle. I had a pair for a weekend and they caused me to fall and actually made my feet worse, since they aren’t totally flat.

The naots are not as cute as the ballet flats and wedges I love wearing, but they greatly reduce my foot pain. I may never be able to wear heels again, because I didn’t take care of my feet. I’m so glad your are taking care of yours though! I say, wear good shoes most of the time, even if they’re not your favorite, and then save the cute ones for special occassions :)

posted over 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

My best friend has problems with her knee as a result of her feet so she needs lots of support. She was referred to a podiatrist who made up some specially moudled insoles that she can slot into most shoes.

They were very expensive though and now she’s been told that her problems are beyond repair so I’m not sure how well they usually work.

posted over 2 years ago

monchere
Style_council
monchere

i actually do have custom inserts. I also have three orthopedic shoes: a copper flip-flop, winter boots and what I call my faux-mocs (they kind of look like my Minnetonka moccassins which I love but can’t wear). My inserts only fit into my sneakers, though. Believe me, I’ve tried. I’ll look into Naots. But seriously, there needs to be a revolution. Those with bad feet deserve pretty shoes too!

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Yes!! A revolution is exactly what we need! I wish I were in shoe design, because I would start it! most of the shoes that were suppose to be good looking and comfortable are just heels with extra padding. Not helpful!
I have the same problem with inserts fitting into shoes. I’ve even had trouble finding a pair of sneakers that they work in! The ones I have fit fine mostly, but squeeze my heels. After a while, they start to hurt pretty badly.
I will keep my eye out for more shoes that are comfortable, good for you feet, and cute! Will message you if I find a pair :)

posted over 2 years ago

monchere
Style_council
monchere

My heel slips out of my sneaker when I have the insert in. Tying it tighter helps, though. It squeezes my toes, which hurts. Have you heard of Kickstarter? I’m seriously thinking of using it to start a company, if I could ever find a shoe designer to help! I’ll message you if I ever find a pair, too.

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

@catiekat thanks for the link. I too have awful feet and am afraid I will have to wear special shoes soon too…I was actually just thinking if there were any cute shoes out there…I really like those…

posted over 2 years ago

orthoticshop
New_user orthoticshop is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When orthoticshop reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
orthoticshop

The Orthotic Shop has awesome orthotic shoes. They are fierce and fashionable. You can find Olukai sandals,Sole sandals and more on their website.

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

could you find smaller/thinner inserts, or trim the inserts to fit other shoes? I feel like inserts would be the most versatile option.

posted about 2 years ago

monchere
Style_council
monchere

I guess I could technically cut the inserts, but that would be disrespectful to the guy who made them for me, I feel. He is a family friend. I try to wear shoes that have a little support.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION