sweetfreedom85
Style_council
sweetfreedom85

what r ur thoughts on this store?

posted almost 5 years ago
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I don’t like it too much. It’s all about brands rather than style or even quality – I’ve seen a ton of stuff with holes, rips, pills, etc. I have a cardigan from there that I discovered after I wore it the first time had holes, and it fell apart since then. But I can’t say I hate it because I took some clothes there and left with $100 :)

ladyj88
Style_council
ladyj88

..sucks.
that is all.

GoXtina
Style_council
GoXtina

I keep hearing good things about it. Guess it’s not that great afterall. xD

vividcolor
Style_council
vividcolor

I love Plato’s Closet. I think it all depends on the local management. My local Plato’s Closet is really good about only taking clothes that look practically brand new.

posted over 4 years ago

raybans
Style_council
raybans

Everything i bring there is to small so i only ever leave with like $7-$9 . A lot of my stuff are things they would not sell there. I also saw that they were selling fake juicy handbags awhile back and i was disgusted. Theres a 1800 number for that if you ever spot them.

posted over 4 years ago

anonymours
Style_council
anonymours

I like selling here, not so much buying. It’s cause the selection is too boring. I found a pair of AE jeans for $18 when I know you can get it for less in the clearance rack at the actual store. my nearest one has a really helpful staff so it really depends where you go.

posted over 4 years ago

Sarah5cent
Style_council
Sarah5cent

I actually loved the store 3 years ago. It had unique (and sometimes even vintage) pieces there but I went there recently and there stuff is so mainstream and bland. All they seem to sell are your typical brand name clothes, such as those T-shirts that have “Abercrombie” or “Hollister” written across them in a variety of colors. I’m not interested in that kind of clothes so lately the only reason I go to Plato’s Closet is to sell my own old clothes to make some money.

posted over 4 years ago

BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

I went there and traveled like over 30 miles and brought in bags of nice, gently used clothing, labels: hollister, ae, abercrombie…and they didn’t accept them!! They’re very very picky and don’t really have much of anything except lots of labels.

posted over 4 years ago

courtneycrunk
Style_council
courtneycrunk

I love selling there because I’m lazy and can’t make money other ways, but buying there usually leaves me with an empty basket. However, they did just open a new location right by me, so I might give them another try. :)

posted over 4 years ago

JuniorBreakOut
Style_council
JuniorBreakOut

The plato’s closet in my town doesnt have much of a selection, with mostly tank tops and cheesey graphic tees that say stuff like daddy’s lil girl and tell your boyfriend he can turn his cell back on. (sigh)

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Love selling to them, but rarely purchase anything. Once in a while there are some good deals, but you gotta know your brands and check the quality!

posted over 4 years ago

suzyyy
Style_council
suzyyy

oommgg I went there for the first time this weekend to sell a bunch of my old clothes that I’d barely worn and I felt so ripped off! they didn’t take a lot of the clothes I brought when they were of a lot better quality and brand than what I’d seen in the store, and with the clothes they did buy I only got $37! wtfff.. I spent it right away though:( I got a pair of really nice true religions for $25. but still. I’m not going back. you can get soo much more money from selling on ebay

posted over 4 years ago

mindgames
Style_council
mindgames

I cleaned out my closet and made $70 selling there. Now I’m wondering if that was not such a good deal.. perhaps I should’ve gone to ebay!

posted over 4 years ago

Lizzy_Lou
Style_council
Lizzy_Lou

They say they only take “gently used name brand clothing,” but really, have you looked around? Most of their clothes are in bad condition, and really old. Then you have someone like me, who takes care of her clothes, and when I take them in, I get about $20. Doesnt make sense.

posted over 4 years ago

PRETTYINSEQUINS
Style_council
PRETTYINSEQUINS

They are a rip off !! Don’t do it they took 5 items from me and gave me $10

posted over 4 years ago

miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

i tried selling stuff to them. really cool stuff, but they were only looking for abercrombie and such. they rejected a bcbg dress!!!

posted over 4 years ago

itmakestheworldturn
Style_council
itmakesthewo...

i like plato’s. they have really cheap stuff thats actually not in too bad condition. but they DO rip you off. one time my mom took in 5 laundry baskets of stuff and they only took like 8 things. good to buy clothes, bad to sell to.

posted over 4 years ago

fashionista127
Style_council
fashionista127

Plato’s closet is really cheap and sometimes you can find cute clothing…but a lot of the time they only have tee shirts that are falling apart and worn out jeans. Nothing stylish or chic.

posted over 4 years ago

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

I honestly hate the place. I only make like 20-30 dollars for two bags of great clothing because they want preppy brands. I don’t dress preppy so I guess that’s why. Another reason I hate it is because my friend sold her authentic Louis Vuitton and Coach bags there and they only gave her 65 dollars, total. A real Louis Vuitton purse deserves at least 100. They rip you off. They suck!

posted over 4 years ago

GirlOnSkates
Style_council
GirlOnSkates

I don’t like it very much. I sell there often but you never know what they are going to accept. When I browse the store, alot of the stuff (at least in my town) is in bad shape. I can’t stand to see something on the rack that is pilling – who is going to buy it? It might depend more on location and managment.

posted over 4 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

They closed the one in my city. I’m not disappointed. They only had preppy stuff and very crappy shoes. Now their a boutique that buys vintage and used clothes. I got 20 bucks for one dress. Fair trade.

posted over 4 years ago

ramonarye
Style_council
ramonarye

I’m not a fan… they only buy clothes based on brand and not style or even quality, as a lot of other people have already said. And what they do buy, they don’t give you nearly enough money for! I go there to buy basic items like tee shirts or tanks, but other than that it isn’t worth it.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION