SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

Lately every time I look in to my close I just feel like blah. I think its because I haven’t gone shopping lately and don’t have anything to brighten up the feeling of getting dresses. I have been trying to save money for furniture for my new apartment and I have been doing really well and want to reward myself. What some things I should buy to fill this void or if you have any suggestions on places to stop where I can get a lot of quality things at reasonable prices?

posted about 3 years ago
1 2
urbanbohemianluv
Style_council
urbanbohemia...

I have been feeling the exact same way lately! I suggest to clean out your closet and get together clothes that you don’t want and take them to thrift stores that will give you money back or store credit for them (like buffalo exchange)!! It’s like getting a new wardrobe for free(:

posted almost 3 years ago

New_user 245673 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 245673 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I would try TJ Maxx’s sale racks. You can really find bunches of cute cheap-o stuff there and some of its designer too :)

fmajor
Style_council
fmajor

Try thrift stores, consignment boutiques, etsy, or the internet for great used vintage items.
Overstock places such as TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls, and Overstock.com are great.
Sample sale sites are a bit pricier, because they are mainly designer items, but you get a great discount. I usually go on Rue la la, ideeli, and HauteLook.
For the mall, you can stock up on basics at American Apparel, and H&M carries great stuff/

Humming
Style_council
Humming

If you’ve got all the basics, (black pants, jeans, white shirts) that match with everything else, then get something you LOVE. Fun and frivolous. I’m sure the feeling has already passed and you realised your wardrobe was all right underneath it all.

edimarie
New_user edimarie is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When edimarie reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
edimarie

try swapping clothes with friends, or my teachers always suggest buying new scarves, shoes, or belts to spice up outfits. they’re a lot cheaper than buying whole new pieces and can create a new look

LaurenChanel
Style_council
LaurenChanel

go to a consignment shop and go crazy!

1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION