SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
maria1703
Style_council
maria1703

I am going to New York in two weeks, which is a shopping-heaven, because I live in Norway… But, to the case; I am looking for a cool leather jacket, but I don´t know where to find it in New York. I don´t want to spend too much money on it, either. Help?

posted over 5 years ago
Frugality
Style_council
Frugality

I know. I spent last weekend in nyc doing just the same thing. No luck. Help anybody?

posted over 5 years ago

Chloeee
Style_council
Chloeee

i’ve seen some cool ones at topshop and H&M. but wanting a real leather jacket is kind of a splurge. because quality = more money!

well, another option is faux leather. but it’s your choice!

posted over 5 years ago

Superbeckyy
Style_council
Superbeckyy

Depends how important the quality is to you & how much you’re willing to pay. Topshop have real leather as well as PU jackets, which looks very similar to real leather & is much cheaper than the real thing – check out their website. However if the quality is really important, you could try vintage stores. Sorry I can’t recommend any, but I’ve never been to NY (hope to someday!).

posted over 5 years ago

kimair
Style_council
kimair

i’ve got 2 great leather jackets from zara…one is more of a rick owens-type and the other is like a bomber that came with a removable fur collar. both were under $200. they have quite a few leather jackets in store right now: some moto jackets, and the TRF (?) section has one with a ribbed knit collar, cuffs and hem.

posted over 5 years ago

kiwanja
Style_council
kiwanja

Yes, sometimes Forever 21, Zara, H&M carry real leather jackets. But even those are always from $100 – $200. In that case, I would just save and splurge on a Mike&Chris on sale. But your call!

posted over 5 years ago

kiwanja
Style_council
kiwanja

Yes, sometimes Forever 21, Zara, H&M carry real leather jackets. But even those are always from $100 – $200. In that case, I would just save and splurge on a Mike&Chris on sale. But your call!

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

i really recommend buying second hand, because you can pick up real leather ones for VERY cheap if you’re lucky.

posted over 5 years ago

qwertyemailer
Style_council
qwertyemailer

Maria1703-
Go to Beacon’s Closet in Brooklyn- google it to get the address and take the L train (the Williamsburg store is bigger than the Park Slope one)

posted over 5 years ago

ParisTarts
Style_council
ParisTarts

Thrifted leather jackets usually are too big or smell. So for leather jackets I’d either go to bufflo exchange or san fran for some deals on one.

posted over 5 years ago

Vintagepearls
Style_council
Vintagepearls

I don’t know how much you are wanting to spend but i just got one at urban outfitters for $128 but i think nordstrom has some in their b.p. department for like $68. Hope that helps.

posted over 5 years ago

maria1703
Style_council
maria1703

Since I am going soon, I just want to thank all of you for the help with the “chase” of my perfect leather jacket! This is going to make it so much easier to look now! I´ll get back to you with the result!

posted over 5 years ago

plasticteacups
Style_council
plasticteacups

You should try eBay. I bought one for about $20 and I love it.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION