SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
djmode
Style_council
djmode

Okay, so the other day I was trying to find a new pair of shorts, but I have found that most shops I usually buy from are stocking 95% knicker shorts, and 5% shorts in colours I don’t like or they don’t have my size.

I have asked this amongst my friends, and they all share the same opinion- NAY! Only normal as you tend to befriend people with similar interests/ideals/taste. So I thought it’s time I took it to the general public, and since walking to a girl wearing it and asking them is a bit weird, might as well do it here.

For reference, yesterday I spent a day in Leeds all I saw was butt cheeks (not saying it’s only there, but yesterday was overload) and the shorts I was seeing were like this or even shorter: http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Premium-Sporty-Knicker-Short/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2075556&cid=15176&sh=0&pge=2&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black

I wear shorts. Mini-dresses, mini skirts, bodycon dresses. Amongst my friends I am one of the few who actually wear something but jeans and 3 layers, so I’m not coming from a very conservative point of view. I just think that knickers should be covered up with something else, not be the something else.

Couldn’t take a photo coz my phone camera sucks. I am asking coz I am trying to understand it. I’d never do it, and if I were Ruler of all things fashion, they wouldn’t exist. I just find them tacky, and no, I’d be a massive liar if I said that the word “slag” doesn’t pop into my head. That and a bit too much of attention-seeking attempt, but I know that might do with the places i go to, where no offense, a lot of the girls are just attention-seeking princesses (know this from having almost befriended quite a few and from their ridiculous conversations in the toilets). I know this opinion is very prejudiced, but that’s my experience.

What is your opinion of these shorts, and be honest about it. I was honest, and Not saying I am right, but I am trying to see the other side of this.

To girls who wear it, do you not feel exposed and like you’re giving too much away? I want to here it from the point of view of someone who seems to be a fashion lover, and not just “out to get as many guys as possible, like. I don’t even care what they look like” (this is a true quote I overheard not 2 days ago. From a very young lady as well).

Please don’t see this as an insult, I don’t know you all or overheard your toilet conversations, or every girl in the places I go to, but the majority seems to be the case.

posted about 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

LOL, they call them “Sporty hot pants”. I would call them high-waist swimsuit bottoms!
I like them much better when they’re made with heavier material or are really lacy. The ones you posted in the link just look like swimsuit bottoms! I have only seen one person actually wearing these in real life and it was pretty shocking! I think they should only be worn in fashion spreads, haha.

Honestly, if I had killer legs that went on for miles, I might want to wear those, but I can’t really think of a time it would be appropriate, lol

posted about 2 years ago

Mrs_V
Style_council
Mrs_V

This looks like something that would be sold as a costume at an adult shop. I don’t think this could nor should pass off as clothing.

posted about 2 years ago

Off4thandGraham
Style_council
Off4thandGraham

Nay, it looks like a “female issue” waiting to happen. To me, shorts should atleast cover the bottom of your butt. If they don’t they’re considered underwear

Kimberlylove.net

posted about 2 years ago

vampiresandtheirguns
Style_council
vampiresandt...

I think they are really tricky to pull off and to make look stylish. An awful lot of the time they can just look pretty provocative :/ but maybe if you really covered up on your top half or wore tights with them they would look quite cool.

posted about 2 years ago

Koroneska
Style_council
Koroneska

it`s really hard to wear them but i think i don`t like them . They look like part of swimmingcostume .

posted about 2 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

I agree with Koroneska. They’re like swimsuit bottoms or really inappropriate booty shorts. i haven’t seen anyone wear it, but i would be really shocked. Knicker shorts should only been worn to maybe like the beach or in a magazine spread.

posted about 2 years ago

djmode
Style_council
djmode

Finally had time to breathe and log-in. Wow! I need to than wherever you girls hang out coz yesterday I went out and again I saw more buttocks than than Octomum did when her kids were still in diapers. kimberly_love that’s exactly what I think. I have shorts, but all of them cover my rounded bits. And yes to catiebeauty, the ones I’ve seen in fashion spreads look kinda okay, but mostly I think because they always photograph the model sideways or from the front they rarely actually give her buttocks the main focus.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION