Twitter
Googleplus
nissi
New_user nissi is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When nissi reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
nissi

is it bad to wear an ivory wedding dress on your first wedding? apparently it should be white….i need to order soon. and does anyone know were i can find affordable bridesmaid dresses

posted almost 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Ivory is perfectly acceptable! Personally, I prefer it over white.

posted almost 2 years ago

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

I don’t think that it really matters nowadays! However, depending on what you’re looking for it does matter I guess.

Ivory = for a vintage-esque with a twist of modern look
White = for a very traditional look.

Good luck!

posted over 1 year ago

lu_pe
Style_council
lu_pe

It all depends! The shade of white can be a bit too bright sometimes, so just try it all on! I recommend ivory though, good luck! :)

posted over 1 year ago

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Well, sometimes when people wear ivory, it looks white on them, so it’s a good thing, haha. It depends, if you want a traditional wedding: WHITE would be the way to go.

However, for a traditional/modern-y feel, cream/ivory is perfectly fine. Plus, not everybody looks great with white (due to their undertones).

posted over 1 year ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

White is the Church’s symbolism for “virginity”, especially on wedding gowns; but you shouldn’t let the church define how your wedding should be. If you want an ivory dress, go for it. Details pop more in an ivory gown than in white. :)

posted over 1 year ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

It really depends on how traditional you want your wedding to be – if you’re going 100% by the book, you pretty much have to opt for white, but if you’re not strictly religious ivory is perfectly acceptable. Some brides are even going so far as to wear red and other colors. My dress was white, but covered in red embroidery and had a red satin panel on the back.

posted over 1 year ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

I think it doesn’t really matter if it’s white or ivory. However, if you want it very formal and by the book, it should always be white.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION