SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
londonsummers
Style_council
londonsummers

Sometimes being a shop-alcoholic can be tricky , Its like you see something you really want or those shoes to die for but is it really worth it ?
Recently i went to urban outfitters , for a while ive been looking for a corset top which i should have bought from h&m a while back for 24.99 BUT urban outfitter’s was priced for 50.00 !!

Do YOU buy the item anyways ?

posted over 2 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

if it’s well-made, I know I’ll wear it often, and it’s exactly what I was looking for, I’d get it. but if it’s a spur-of-the-moment purchase or trying a trend you’re unsure of, I wouldn’t.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I wouldn’t. Urban Outfitters is way overpriced and the quality is not any better than H&M or Forever21. I would keep looking, if I were you.

posted over 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

You can stop it

posted over 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

hmm, for me it depends, sometimes I give in and sometimes I don’t. I am partly an impulse buyer, but then part of me remembers that its not a good idea to spend more money :)

posted over 2 years ago

misskon
New_user misskon is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When misskon reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
misskon

Like tightsandtea, I wouldn’t if it’s just one of those pieces that I will wear on a far-and-in-between frequency. However, if I’m specifically looking for it to wear to an occasion, I probably would.

Having said that, it also depends on the perceived quality of the item..

Really tough, it’s a fight between emotion and reason! Good luck!

posted over 2 years ago

thatyellowtutu
Style_council
thatyellowtutu

If it’s that expensive and you’re not even sure if you’re going to be able to use it that often, then don’t buy it. If you see an item which you want, and you know that it’s affordable, you should go ahead and buy it so that in the future you won’t have any regrets. Avoid feeling regret for not buying something you wanted in a much more affordable price and find it hard to control yourself when you see the same item with a more expensive price. :)

posted over 2 years ago

paamek
Style_council
paamek

You can stop it

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION