SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Rainamc
Style_council
Rainamc

EDITED: I want to purchase this GORGEOUS dress online (which do not re-stock their items) that I want to wear to prom. I loveeeeeee it but they dont have it in my size and I cant find any dresses that I like in store or online and that fit my price range. Should I order the dress size that is available and tailor it to my size(which is smaller)?

posted about 4 years ago
JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

From my experience in making dresses, the most frustrating thing is making something bigger. If you get it done at the tailor you won’t have to encounter this frustration but it still means the tailor will have to find fabric to match, which depends on how unique your dress is.
Also seeing as it’s out of your price range, you’ll be investing more into a dress that may not turn out great because of the alteration.
Seems like a risk to me, but how many sizes difference is it?

posted about 4 years ago

Rainamc
Style_council
Rainamc

No no nooo! I want to make the dress smaller. All the small sizes are gone and the only available ones are large, so i want to tailor the dress down/smaller.

posted about 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Oooh! So sorry I read that wrong! Well, making things smaller is definitely easier! And really no risk in drastic change of the design! I’d say that’s the most common project tailors get.
I think you should go for it if it really is such a special dress! You only get one prom! If you’re worried about the price, you can ask the tailor for an estimate before you buy the dress!

posted about 4 years ago

Rainamc
Style_council
Rainamc

That helps! Thank you!!

posted about 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I agree with JUKILOVE definitely get it and have it taken in! I’ve done that and was so happy!

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION