SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

Hey Chictopians if you want to find the best stuff at thrift shops and put together whole outfits for under 30 bucks check out my weekly thrift tips. Here is the series so far:

Thrift Tips #1: My three Basic Rules of Thrifting

Thrift Tips #2: Colored Tag Sales

Thrift Tips #3 Vintage Shmintage

If you like what you see, I will be adding more tips every Tuesday.

posted over 3 years ago
PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

great rules and posts. will be following your blog =)

posted over 3 years ago

kelleyscloset17
Style_council
kelleyscloset17

I loveee thrift stores, I find thee best stuff at Goodwill and salvation army thrift stores…Check out my blog http://kelleyscloset17.blogspot.com/

posted over 3 years ago

wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

Thanks Peachy!

posted over 3 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

great tips!

posted over 3 years ago

wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

Thank you. DISCLAIMER: my tips only really apply to the classic definition of thrifting which is digging through charity thrift stores where the majority of stuff is crap and it all comes from donations.

posted over 3 years ago

ragsandfeathers
Shop_seller_2 ragsandfeathers is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
ragsandfeathers

that colored tag thing is so helpful. i knew there was a schedule but i didn’t know why. in retrospect i feel like i should have figured it out but thank you for doing it for me!

posted over 3 years ago

RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

thrift shops are a hit or miss…sometimes you’ll go and find a bunch of awesome stuff and then sometimes you’ll go and find maybe one thing or nothing at all. you just have to dedicate the time and have the patience to sort through everything. you never know, there might be a hidden jewel.

posted over 3 years ago

wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

dacer: totally

ragsandfeathers: I found out by volunteering at St V’s

posted over 3 years ago

wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

4th installment: http://www.wrensandroses.com/2011/01/thrift-tips-4-dont-follow-trends-let.html: <3

posted over 3 years ago

SilviaTirado
Style_council
SilviaTirado

Spend hours there, it’s so much fun!

posted over 3 years ago

kat_mauvais
Style_council
kat_mauvais

Tip: Check and see if you have a Goodwill Clearance center that sells by the pound. I got a ton of clothes for only $1.80. It was insane! I’ll be digging through those bins a lot more often now :P

Just make sure to wash everything super well.

See what I got here: http://zanniplainjanefashion.blogspot.com/2011/01/look-what-i-got-for-180.html

posted over 3 years ago

RadioCure
Style_council
RadioCure

I do a lot of thrifting and had never paid attention to the coloured tags before. Thanks for bringing that to my attention :)

posted over 3 years ago

wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

RadioCure its crazy how many people don’t know that trick. Thats why I started the blog.

Oh and here is number 5

Hey kathryn how was the selection of clothing? I used to shop at goodwills a bunch and have done the by-the-pound thing. But recently I have noticed that they are making a move towards newer, almost outlet-y type merch. Its as if they are a marshalls but instead of selling brand name stuff at low prices they sell exhilaration and old navy for 2 bucks. Does that make sense? I haven’t seen ANY vintage at goodwill in years.

I wonder if its just the ones in the city. I’ll have to investigate

posted over 3 years ago

The_Perfect_Jeans
Style_council
The_Perfect_...

Good post! Thanks for adding it! Thrifting has to be one of my favorite ways to shop!

posted over 3 years ago

SilviaTirado
Style_council
SilviaTirado

taking your time definitely! Love these ppl have new designer and old vintage check em out! www.balharbourshops.com

posted over 3 years ago

aleez816
Style_council
aleez816

Thanks ! I need this ! :D

posted over 3 years ago

joanbrazao
New_user joanbrazao is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When joanbrazao reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
joanbrazao

Thanks a bunch! Check out my blog? divideorconquer.blogspot.com

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION