Twitter
Googleplus
mialynn
New_user mialynn is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When mialynn reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
mialynn

How to Stand Out from the Crowd
If you are asked “Who are a fashion conscious lot?”Your answer must definitely be teenage girls! Girls are much more conscious of their looks and accessories compared with the boys. They cannot be blamed — it’s their age!
The fact that girls tend to be giving so much attention to their overall look is quite healthy and normal. Recalling your teenage period, didn’t you do the same thing? As we all know, what impresses people most and everlasting is a person’s look.
So what is most important do you think to Allow Make a more perfect shape? make a person more attractive ???

posted about 2 years ago
CiaraBaron
Style_council
CiaraBaron

In my opinion the most important thing to make you stand out from the crowd, is don’t conciously try. When I get dressed in the morning I don’t consider what anyone else will think of what I’m wearing except me. I dress to give myself confidence, and express my mood. When I’m not considering what other people will think I encourage myself to take more chances, try new things and be creative.

posted about 2 years ago

just_hayley
Style_council
just_hayley

Someone once said to me “standing out isn’t always outstanding”. I completely agree with Ciara, if someone dresses to solely stand out it can become contrived, you can end up standing out for all the wrong reasons. I find when I’m not putting too much thought into what to wear I create outfits that are more daring and unique as well as bring out my personality…I suppose it’s because the whole process is less stressful as it’s whatever comes naturally.

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I agree in that, when people make a conscious effort to rebel against “the crowd”, they usually mold themselves into predictable cookie-cutter genres.

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I would have to disagree. When I was in high school I didn’t want to bring attention to myself. Teenagers can be really mean and judgmental of people who “stand out”

posted about 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Thanks for posting! This is a great topic and has already gotten some interesting replies – however, it does not belong here in the Shopping forum. Please move your thread to the Ready to Wear forum. Thanks!

posted about 2 years ago

GrazingFashion
Style_council
GrazingFashion

Confidence. When a person wears things with pride and dignity, it all pulls together. You can’t be fashionable without certain sass. You can be wearing Tom Ford for all I care but if you can’t carry it like you mean it, might as well be like everyone else passing down the street. Standing out for me is having the courage to be just who you are and showcase it to people effortlessly.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION