SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Ever since I got a job, anything over $50 is a definite splurge. Items below that are debatable, depending on their practicality and whatnot. It’s up in the air, kinda. But I never spend much on trendy items… excluding shoes. But the most I’ve ever paid for shoes was $60…

posted about 5 years ago
SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

^ Agreed. I bought a cardigan for $50 and considered it a splurge. But I spent $65 on Italian leather tall boots, which was SUCH a bargain for the investment.

Generally, if it’s just a basic clothing item, and not made of typically expensive materials, $30 is my splurge mark. Boots, $100, other shoes, $40, coats, $60.

posted about 5 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

I agree with MissMi. It all depends on the item. My most expensive items, where a pair of boots and my long wool coat. Both were over 100 but I’ve had in great condition for years.

Also I would put a little extra cash into something like a suitcase.

posted about 5 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

Totally depends on the item.
Any tshirt over $25 it too much. I even get my AA shirts from ebay wholesalers :) But I bought a pair of $100 slippers (Uggs, actually) and they are the cutest, warmest, comfiest, most durable slippers out there. I bought them two years ago and still wear them.

posted about 5 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Right now, anything over $20 is definitely a splurge for me. I don’t have a job and I want to travel, so anything I do get (from selling stuff etc) I try and save.
I will even think twice about buying something that’s over $10!! Although i’m still able to find nice stuff for under $10 because I almost always buy second hand clothes!
However I wouldn’t mind paying more for good quality clothes that will last a long time, eg jeans or a winter coat. Although even when I do get a job I can imagine myself still being very frugal. :P

posted about 5 years ago

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

for me, shoes- $30, clothing-$30, bags-$20

it also depends on what it is, like many have said. since im going to be 21 tomorrow, ive been prioritizing my basics collection and trying to make sure i have classic pieces i can interchange as i graduate into being an adult woman. for things like a classic suit, black pumps, things that will be stylish past all of the trends, i would spend more money on. but since you’re still growing, definitely try sales and go online to the store’s website. sometimes they have coupons or discounts :)

posted about 5 years ago

rotting
Style_council
rotting

really, like $30. i spent like 20 minutes once looking at myself in a mirror at h&m with a 30$ bag over my shoulder trying to figure out if i should buy it, haha.

it’s really hard for me to come across clothing/shoes/acessories that i completely fall in love with though. but i bet if i did, i would definitely reaaallly splurge on whatever it is.

posted about 5 years ago

DiorKiss
Style_council
DiorKiss

For dresses/tops, I think about $50-$60. We don’t have a lot of cheaper shops around here in the Netherlands, most of them are relatively expensive ones selling brand clothing.
Most of the items hanging in my closet are ordered from the US or UK, they’re cheaper ánd cuter!

posted about 5 years ago

muffintoppp
Style_council
muffintoppp

It depends where I shop.

Like when I’m at a thrift store, a $5 item is a splurge since everything there should be like $3. Unless I get lucky and it’s a Givenchy cardigan ;] then I’d buy it even if it was $10! I only buy used purses and jewelry.

I’m 20 and I definitely invest on shoes! $100 shoes are a splurge for sure but I just think “do I see myself wearing this when I’m 50 years old?” and if the answer is yes, I buy it. That would be 30 years of fabulousness so the shoes are basically not expensive anymore since you’ll wear it forever. On tops, skirts, and shoes, anything over $15 is a splurge. Outerwear $40. Jeans $70, but I usually wait til a sale.

posted about 5 years ago

muffintoppp
Style_council
muffintoppp

**On tops, skirts, and shorts

not shoes hehe

posted about 5 years ago

itsalovelylife
Style_council
itsalovelylife

It depends on the item… In general, jewelry is too expensive when it hits $8-$10, dresses/skirts at $30, coats at $60-$70, shoes at $40-$50. I like vintage a lot and I was fortunate enough to have a WONDERFUL grandma with fabulous style, so I wear a lot of her stuff! So vintage anywhere else always seems a lot more expensive haha. I’m wearing one of her necklaces in my latest look actually: Ticking Clocks & Salvador Dali!

xoxo, Sarah

posted about 5 years ago

Zonathan
Style_council
Zonathan

definitely depends on the item,
$20 or less on shirts, thank goodness forever21 started making men’s clothes lol
$40 or less on pants
$60 or less on jackets
$100 or less for shoes, i really do invest on my shoes, i wear ‘em ’til there’s holes in the soles

posted about 5 years ago

invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

I’d say that anything over $70 for me is a splurge, unless its shoes or a designer piece, but generally I spend anywhere from $25 – $50 on items.

posted over 4 years ago

tenoria
Style_council
tenoria

Shoes & Coats: $50 is the splurge limit
Other clothing: $20
Accessories: $10

That said, I hunt for quality items marked down. I find that really cheap items from F21, etc, tend to wear out quickly, and the accumulated cost of replacing them quickly becomes more expensive than shelling out for good quality off the bat. Marshall’s/TJX = ace!

posted over 4 years ago

harloww
Style_council
harloww

I agree, anything over 20 is a splurge on me. I bought the cutest vintage lace dress this weekend which was $30 and I NEVER do that.
Besides coats I guess. Then it’s 50, but that’s pushing it.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION