SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it … but has anybody had a leather jacket altered for them to make it smaller? And if so how much was it?

I own a gorgeous leather jacket but it’s too big for me, and my dad tells me that second-hand leather is so cheap that i’d be stupid to get it resized.

If anybody has any experience with having leather clothes altered, could they please tell me whether it’s cheaper to get my jacket made smaller or just replace it.

posted over 5 years ago
poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

…nobody knows ?

posted over 5 years ago

MichelleYue
Style_icon
MichelleYue

Why don’t you take it in and ask for an estimate?

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

that makes sense.. i’ll ask around and see what kinds of prices people are offering.

posted over 5 years ago

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

The main issue facing leather alteration is that the tailor will only get one shot at it, as if you make a mistake it can’t be unpicked and redone due to the obvious needle marks. Take it to somewhere reputable – I’d recommend a local business as they’ll have the most experience (dry cleaning chains like Johnson’s send their alteration work to places in the local area, after all), plus you can try it on and be as specific as you like. As for cost, it might be a bit pricey as leather needs to be done on a machine with a top and bottom feed, and is a bit more difficult to work with, but that price will most likely be forgotten when you’ve got a jacket that fits you like a glove.

posted over 5 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

nope

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION