SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

I really want a pair of oxfords, but I have no idea where to get them. I’ve found a pair i like on aldoshoes.com and one i am okay with on forever21, AND other pairs on e-bay. I think I want a brown pair, but I am not sure. I see no need to spend more than about 35 dollars on them. So, in short.
what color oxfords do you have/recommend, and where did you get them?

posted about 3 years ago
sundaycrossbow
Style_council
sundaycrossbow

I got 2 pairs at a thrift store and paid less than $5 for each. One pair is brown and the other is cream and brown. I love them. I know thrift stores can be feast of famine, but the ones I have were worth the wait and hunt.

posted about 3 years ago

chocolatelaced
Style_council
chocolatelaced

I just bought a pair from ASOS for $20. ASOS is having a HUGE sale and I will forever advocate their products because they are all wonderful. I currently have a pair of big bhudda oxfords that I wouldn’t recommend because they aren’t as comfortable as one would like.

posted about 3 years ago

skyscraperss
New_user skyscraperss is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When skyscraperss reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
skyscraperss

I’ve gotten all my oxfords from thrift stores. They’re comfortable and affordable :)

posted about 3 years ago

dahhlayne
Style_council
dahhlayne

You can find a few decent pairs at thrift stores, DEPENDING on location. I definitely can see that there are many oxfords that are less than $35.

I have a charcoal gray one from Buffalo Exchange (which is actually a Forever21 brand and didn’t make me entirely ecstatic), a Steve Madden black and white slip-on (it’s weird and it doesn’t even have laces), and a nice vintage brown pair for five bucks at a thrift store.

I would definitely recommend getting a nice neutral color of oxfords, maybe brown with a touch of white. It can go with pretty much anything from dresses to jeans to even a pair of DIY shorts.

posted about 3 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

thank you ladies! I’m checking out asos right now :) great advice, i’ve made up my mind about the color with your help.

posted about 3 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/shoes/oxfords-loafers/83000267-dobbyn/22&flagid=wsh30to50off this is the link to the pair i am considering on Aldo…the only problem is i feel like i can find them somewhere else cheaper! what do we think?
ps, i couldn’t find any oxfords on Asos :(

posted about 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I have black oxfords which I wear all the time and find them easy to match things with. Brown/ tan ones are also good too and will match with a lot.
There are heaps of oxfords on asos! But they’re called ‘brogues’ so maybe that’s why you couldn’t find them?? Here
However the ones at Asos are about 30 Pounds and over as they’re leather. They have these cute ones on sale for 18 pounds though:here
Urban Outfitters has quite a few pairs on sale from $19.99- $29.99, here (you’ll have to look through that page to find them though.) They have some really cute styles- ones that are plain, ones that are cut out and ones that are weaved. Hope that helps!

posted about 3 years ago

FabricatedFashion
Style_council
FabricatedFa...

I have to say I have some oxfords from Aldo and I absolutely love them. I wore them almost everyday from at least a 2 months last year. I am a very active girl who does a lot of spontaneous adventures, so I really use my shoes if you know what I mean, but my oxfords are still in dynamite condition. They hold up well and Aldo shoes last forever. I say they are worth the little bit extra.

posted about 3 years ago

xylemyuen
Style_council
xylemyuen

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HandMadeVintageShoes?ref=si_shop

The price may be a little bit expensive, but all shoes are handmade and made of leather!!
HandMade Shoes are much more tolerant!

posted about 3 years ago

larnold20
Style_council
larnold20

you can find them at marshalls, on dsw.com, also lulus.com has some oxford heels, can’t remember if there were any regular ones

posted almost 3 years ago

LUVAct101
Style_council
LUVAct101

I got my 1s pair at forever 21, brown ones are adorable, but I got cream and black, they are really sleek. My friend knows I love them so she got me a cream and light pink pair which are my LIFE! she won’t tell me where she got them tho, and she took the tags out too, she was an odd one though!

notsohum
Style_council
notsohum

I coud never find a really great pair of oxfords until I went to this boutique called sway in Santa Cruz. I don’t think that’s helpfull to a lot of people though.

xanjelix
Style_council
xanjelix

will check those sites now. i really want a pair of oxfords.. though im considering looking at thrift shops coz i know they’ll be super cheap there, if i find a decent one :|

Izacouto
Style_council
Izacouto

there are pretty ones at urban outfitters, and i got mine for 12$ at Forever21

REPLY TO DISCUSSION