SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
omgitsquelle
Style_council
omgitsquelle

I get on this website everyday & look at all the new photos of people in there cute outfits & stuff because I need an idea/inspiration on how to dress the way I want too. But like when I look at the outfits here they’re like amazing & compared to them I’m like a zero. So I really need help on how to dress more CHIC. can you guys give me advice on how you shop and what you look for & how you put things together & make it look good please? This is my New Years Resolution so I would really appreciate it.

posted over 4 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think the best way you end up finding something really cool and chic is when you don’t go out searching for something particular and you let your mind be open to anything. Some of the best things I own I’ve looked at in the shop and thought they were odd, then looked again and realised that I actually quite liked them.

Also take advantage of good refund policies. You can rarely tell looking at an item in your shop whether it’s going to look good with your other clothes or not unless it’s something basic, so buy what you like, try it on with your clothes at home and take back whatever doesn’t go with anything. Obviously you have to be strong though and not cave in and keep something just because it’s pretty or because you think you’ll buy something else new to go with it. You need to know when something isn’t worth keeping.

posted over 4 years ago

omgitsquelle
Style_council
omgitsquelle

yeah your so right! thank you for the advice :)

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

If you really want to start off good, get some basics! a cute coat, a black blazer, a few different cuts and washes of jeans, heels and flats that you feel awesome in, and work it from there! just those things can play up any basic outfit that you have! As for putting things together, its all about your own personal style. I got the hang of it myself by starting with my own “lookbook” made of magazine clippings and pictures of outfits and celebrities that i printed out. its ok to copy basic outfits from people, and over time, you’ll develop an eye for it! and don’t be scared to take risks and play around. think like katy perry, she doesn’t care if she shows up on the worst dressed list, because she’s just having fun with her own thing!

posted over 4 years ago

omgitsquelle
Style_council
omgitsquelle

gotchaa! i’ll def. keep that in mind :)

posted over 4 years ago

MissDhaliwal
Style_council
MissDhaliwal

One thing that can make or break an outfit is the fitting….If you wear what looks good on your body type can make a huge difference.

posted over 4 years ago

phansheshanna
Style_council
phansheshanna

For me, I like having a lot of basics and neutral colors. If you ever look at my outfits, it’s usually consisted of a lot of basics mixed and matched to make an outfit and one really cool thing to help me stand out. It’s a lot easier to have a few basics you can mix and match to make different outfits than a lot of unique things that can only be worn in specific outfits.

I like to check blogs and fashion sites for inspiration and ideas, so that’s a pretty good idea too.

But, really, that’s just me. Fashion is about wearing what you like and not caring if others like it or not. At least to me. So just make sure your wearing what you love (and that it’s comfortable!) (:

-sheshanna
check out my tumblr, i’m just starting. http://phansheshanna.tumblr.com/

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION