SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
quarantinethepast
Style_council
quarantineth...

What are some good bags to take my books, materials, etc. in for school. I have a lot of stuff so it needs to be big. :P I want something cuter than a basic Jansport backpack like everybody else?
What type of bags are good for school and roomy enough, and what are some good brands?

posted about 4 years ago
astaristarry
Style_council
astaristarry

I had a Kipling backpack that lasted me a good two years. This year I bought a pink backpack from the Nike store and it was very roomy especially for my course-load because I had to bring a lot of textbooks home.

PacSun usually has a lot of nice, roomy, cute backpacks (a LOT nicer than Jansport backpacks!) that last quite some time. I’ve always bought my backpack from there in elementary and middle school. Nike or any sports brands will do, too.

posted about 4 years ago

likeSOgeeky
Style_council
likeSOgeeky

agreed, pacsun has some awesome backpacks. i also like harajuku lovers or le sport sac bags, just because they come so big and can hold tons of stuff!

posted about 4 years ago

mackenziemagic
Style_council
mackenziemagic

I love the Coach Poppy Backpack

Another awesome bag, that isn’t neccesarily a backpack is this one by Forever 21 which is actually a pretty good size if you look at the measurements.

A few more places to look: eBay, Forever 21, Zara, Thrift, H&M, Target, and boutiques and designer stores (Coach, LV, so on and so on.)

Hope that helped!

posted about 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

F21,UO,VS

posted about 4 years ago

locketandkey
Style_council
locketandkey

Uhh, I’ve been making my own bags actually! I just use totes and messenger bags; they’re probably the easiest kinds of bags to make and one of the most customizable too! :)

Though at my college, I’ve seen girls use designers purses to carry their things… It looks weird to me, but I guess that’s their thing…

posted about 4 years ago

sweetoblivion
Style_council
sweetoblivion

i see a lot of girls wearing longchamp bags (just the vinyl-y looking ones) for books. but like everyone has said, pacsun has some good backpacks, so does tillys. i wouldn’t really recommend carrying a lot of stuff in a messenger bag or anything that’s one strapped, it’ll hurt your back/shoulder.

posted about 4 years ago

eminemmx
Style_council
eminemmx

I personally really do not like backpacks, maybe you could try a satchel of some sort? They’re cute and scholarly, and if the right size, can hold a decent amount of books. Also, if you have a good enough hunt in some vintage stores, you could find one rather cheaply, but Urban Outfitters have a good range of them.

If not, there’s always duffle bags, they’re just like backpacks, but cuter :)

posted about 4 years ago

woocie
Style_council
woocie

i really don’t like backpacks because they’re uncomfortable with my outfits usually and make my shirts rise up or something like that.

i used a bag from express that was really big! it was also on sale and only $10 :) you might want to check them out. thrift stores also tend to have really big bags as well as macy’s

posted about 4 years ago

rocket_girl
Style_council
rocket_girl

Big tote bags from Kitson or UO?

posted about 4 years ago

kathleenphails
Style_council
kathleenphails

I usually go with messenger bags. They’re more appealing and don’t look as awkward with my outfits.

posted about 4 years ago

arielkaylee
Style_council
arielkaylee

have you girls found backpacks to be a must for college? i’m worried a tote or something with one strap will make everything feel too heavy, and i have some long walks between classes!

posted about 4 years ago

dorotron
Style_council
dorotron

i love tote bags. UO made a few Andy Warhol inspired ones and i used mine all throughout college! super sturdy too! not sure if they make em anymore.

posted about 4 years ago

WiesOudshoorn
Style_council
WiesOudshoorn

i always used regular bags, i mean.. you walk some halways and sit down, walk some halways and sit down. doesn’t need to be that comfy right? it just has to be able to carry the load.

posted about 4 years ago

waterlily
Style_council
waterlily

last year i used my longchamps bag and it carried literally everything i needed. sometimes it was hard carrying so many things on one shoulder and made my arm sore. northface backpacks are really good and very roomy

posted about 4 years ago

maryyasmine
Style_council
maryyasmine

A Birkin from Hermès. That’s what I’m going to buy for my 2nd year in college anyway.

The Alexa bag from Mulberry is also beautiful and handy.

The Satchel from Proenza Schouler.

posted about 4 years ago

fashionfrommars
Style_council
fashionfrommars

i just have a back handbag from h&m everything fits in it

posted about 4 years ago

itswendycloset
Style_council
itswendycloset

i prefer big tote bag over backpack

posted about 4 years ago

TupacTupacxo
Style_council
TupacTupacxo

I bought a super cute tote!

posted about 4 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

POLO tote bag. amazing

posted about 4 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

I love backpacks and Topshop has really cute one, if you r going for more handbag-y, then go to forever21 :D

posted about 4 years ago

anikakhan
Style_council
anikakhan

longchamp bags are popular in my school.

posted about 4 years ago

polino
Style_council
polino

Our customers love Piquadro bags.. If you wanna have a look: Piquadro school bags

posted about 4 years ago

lauraL
Style_council
lauraL

I like satchels for school

posted about 4 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

i saw a really cute one at forever21, but someone at my school already has it, and i dont want to copy,i really want to find a nude one, because that goes with everything

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION