And where should I NOT go
???
Any cool vintage shops to share??
Thanks a lot!!!!

posted over 5 years ago
bexlea
Style_council
bexlea

Hi I have just got back from NYC today…I went with my family so didnt have time to do THAT much shopping, but did some, and I thought Soho was great, they had the best shops that I saw, but I’m by no means an expert!!

posted over 5 years ago

Jlie
Style_council
Jlie

Depends on what you’re looking for.
Manhattan:
If you’re looking for a street of great boutiques with lovely unique stuff, try Nolita. If you’re interested in thrifting, try East Village. If you’re into a mix of boutiques/chain stores then you want SoHo. If you want designer stuff/”the tourist experience” then that’s 5th Ave or Madison.
And you should totally NOT go to chain stores like Abercrombie and Fitch on 5th. That is such a pathetic tourist magnet. Pleeease don’t be one of them.

posted over 5 years ago

bexlea
Style_council
bexlea

I don’t think I’ve ever set foot in Abercrombie and Fitch in my life – but I was so shocked to see a constant queue of people waiting to get in!

posted over 5 years ago

ScreachingRat
Style_council
ScreachingRat

I don’t know where your from, but two stores I went to on my last trip (that are chains, but not super-huge) and that I really like are Madewell and Uniqlo (I can’t spell, so I’m not sure if that’s right). Both have stores in SoHo.

posted over 5 years ago

foxhuntvintage
Style_council
foxhuntvintage

Beacon’s closet in Brooklyn is great. Huge vintage/secondhand store, really cheap prices. Also, brooklyn is awesome anyways.

posted over 5 years ago

MichelleYue
Style_icon
MichelleYue

Cheap Jack’s was really fun to go through.

posted over 5 years ago

jadebuddha
Style_council
jadebuddha

Shoes: Gotta go to Otto Tootsi Plohound in SoHo on West Broadway. Awesome, funky shoes!
Uniqlo is a Japanese chain store, I believe. Check out the Prada store in SoHo too. It’s an architectural beauty! East Village, Lower East Side, Greenwich, Little Italy neighborhoods offer great little boutiques. Just check them out. You can’t go wrong in NYC! (This is coming from a NYCer.)

posted over 5 years ago

sophie_haghighi
Style_council
sophie_haghighi

thanks… i’m taking notes!!
Can’t wait!!!!!!!

posted over 5 years ago

pandaman0005
Style_council
pandaman0005

I always suggest people go to a boutique called Odin

posted over 5 years ago