SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
jumpingjellybean
Style_council
jumpingjelly...

Looking for suggestions for long dresses! I have a formal event and am looking for something preferably under $200. Help!

(and I’m short- 5’3", so empire waist dresses are probably the best bet, but I’m open to suggestions)

posted almost 4 years ago
kia
Style_council
kia

Prom dresses are already out at department stores! If you go to a store like Jcpenney the dresses are always on sale…if you go now most of them haven’t been tried on 1000 times yet!

missstyle509
New_user missstyle509 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When missstyle509 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
missstyle509

my fave site for dresses is polyvore. they have AMAZING dresses. u should check it out

pinklemonincrystal
Style_council
pinklemoninc...

Macy’s has great choices
so cute and in amazing colors

lionsleeps
Style_council
lionsleeps

Also, bebe may have a few formal dresses.

RachelPheasant
Style_council
RachelPheasant

I am short (5 feet) and always seem to have the best luck at Lord and Taylor. Of all the department stores they usually have the largest selection of formal dresses. I bought my prom dress there and now I buy my formal dresses there for black tie events at work.

posted over 2 years ago

joyarden12
Style_council
joyarden12

I have a list of prom dress stores. I had so much trouble finding the perfect dress for prom, I was way too picky. Check it out though! Maybe it’ll help. I’m 4"10 and I wore a chiffon empire dress that was one shoulder. One shoulders look super nice and trendy. I liked it because I wasn’t pulling up my dress every five seconds like all my friends with sleeveless dresses. :D
Post which dress you decide on!

http://www.thelistmongers.com/list-of-prom-dress-shops.html

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Maybe do an Etsy search? There are tons of dresses of all kinds on Etsy – vintage beauties that no one else will be wearing!

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Addendum to last post….

Macy’s is also surprisingly inexpensive, if you time it right – there are always sales and coupons, so do a quick online search for those before heading into the store.

You could also check out this website – they have some gorgeous gowns, but I’ve never purchased from them, so I’m not sure on quality/shipping times.

posted over 2 years ago

MissMellalina
Style_council
MissMellalina

If you really want to go all out, I suggest getting a custom made dress. I have designed a couple of dresses myself and I found that the cost was about the same (if not less) then purchasing one.

Facebook.com/MissMellalina

posted over 2 years ago

Naomi_emiktowt
New_user Naomi_emiktowt is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When Naomi_emiktowt reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
Naomi_emiktowt

My friends and i once bought our evening dresses from www.bridal-buy.com ,the quality is beyond our expectation at that cheap prices. Maybe you can take a look at that site,http://www.bridal-buy.com/cheap-evening-dresses_c17

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION