SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
karmie
Style_council
karmie

It just snowed like 8" in NY..i can definitely use a pair of duck boots.

I’m sure most ppl have seen these rugged winter boots with the shiny rubber bottoms and toe caps and the tan-ish uppers.. I’ll admit i used to think they were kinda hideous but after trekking through thick dirty slush all day I think ill take comfort over fashion. Besides, the other day I saw the most adorable pair on a young girl and the design has totally won me over. She was wearing some sort of jumper, black tights and rocking these knee length, fleece insulated, lace up duck boots in navy blue and tan..Anywhere I can find these?!

- I’ve looked at the LL Bean site and browsed the web but I couldn’t find a pair quite like hers. I’ve seen the ankle variety and the knee-length, but nothing with fleecy shearling like insulation … am I being too picky? heh.

posted over 5 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

YES YES YES YES YES to duck boots. For people who know how to do that Americana thing (L.L. Bean, Pendleton, Woolrich, etc.) it can be a super interesting look loaded with fun textures and colors. I think these are pretty much perfect for what you’re going for.

But be warned: this is a look you have to commit to; you can’t go halfway on this stuff or it’ll just look awkward.

posted over 5 years ago

prettycake
Style_council
prettycake

the ones on karla’s closet (marc jacobs, i think?) are super cute! i never really liked them until i saw hers.

posted over 5 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

they are cool. go for it

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION