SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
karmie
Style_council
karmie

I’m very petite but I’ve always gotten away with shopping for clothing in the regular sections of mainstream stores like .. H&M, Zara, F21..etc

I can get away with wearing tunics or oversized shirts and yes, once in a while i find some cute stuff in the kids section! But Mostly all I need to do is hem my clothes for perfect fit.

However, I can’t seem to find anything that fits me in the business/work section. Slacks and Pencil skirts are always too big and blazers just look strange… This is a huge problem because I can never find appropriate clothes to wear to interviews.

I’ve gone to Ann Taylor and Banana’s Petite section and the clothes still don’t fit properly. They say petite is like 5’4" and below and that seems like a huge range.. I mean, i never considered 5’4" to be petite but i guess these mainstream clothing stores dictate whats normal or not normal _
If I’m going to an interview, its really hard for me to take myself seriously if I’m wearing a business suit like 3 sizes too big for me.. and not to mention it would just look ridiculous.
ah this has become sort of a rant almost…

anyway…Anyone know of any stores that have great business clothes for small people?

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION