Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

you want to buy a piece of clothing. EX:
http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=btms&product_id=2071495422&Page=5&pgcount=25
I wanted to get that. Then I saw a girl in my school wearing them. Kinda killed it for me. It wasnt so much JUST her owning it/wearing it/me seeing it. It was also seeing the tiny length, the way it flowed. So before I was going to buy it, now I wont. (Im not sad, I found something else to buy for those like 18 bucks ;)), but does this ever happen you any of you here on Chictopia? Has your want for a piece of clothing dropped ever because:
You see someone wear what YOU wanted to buy?
You realize it wont look so good on you seeing it on someone else?
You lost your nerve seeing it on someone else?

posted about 4 years ago
whimsicalwallflower
Style_council
whimsicalwal...

That has definitely happened to me.
I saw the cutest skinny jeans.
And then I saw a girl wearing them and they were definitely not skinny.

Have you ever been in a situation where you see a really cute article of clothing and you try it on and it just doesn’t do it? Or you can’t seem to pull it off?

posted about 4 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

omg YES! I get SO excited sometimes when I see something cute online, then I try it on, (I have a bit butt) and its so obvious that that article was NOT made for people with hips or a butt. It didnt fully cover! Or I try on a skirt, and it is a bell shape, which is great!….but not if you have big hips, it makes it bigger, and is NOT flattering on me D:!
I think I can find the skirt too, I saw a girl wearing it on here….

posted about 4 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/234600-Brick+Upon+Brick-white-vintage-blouse-white-forever-21-skirt-brown-modcloth-purse-brown-urb
that skirt. It was SO pretty but a guy friend told me it looked like grandma print, which killed it a bit, then it gave me too much bell shape D:!
I dont know if I regret not getting it or not …

posted about 4 years ago

whimsicalwallflower
Style_council
whimsicalwal...

That’s such a cute skirt.
Definitely not grandma print.
I’ve pretty much convinced myself that if I know how to make something work, then I’m getting it no matter what anyone says.
And anyways, the guys who aren’t on here usually have no style.
Or well…more like they’re usually just laid back jeans and tee kind of guys.
Don’t listen to guys.
It’s not like they’re going to go around wearing skirts.
But it definitely ruins it when you go to try something on and it doesn’t fit.
It’s either too big or too small or it just doesn’t curve in the right places.

posted about 4 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

Yeah. Eh, I shall find another skirt I suppose. I would have bought it if it went into like a nice A-line or something D:
But alas, it REALLY sucks when I see a CUTE skirt, and it looked CUTE in person and on others, i try it on in my size and its a NO NO. My hips hold me back sometimes, tho they are my best feature.

posted about 4 years ago

whimsicalwallflower
Style_council
whimsicalwal...

Try H&M.
I love their skirts. (:
Yeah, my friends are always telling me I need my own size because things rarely fit me.
And when they do it’s one of those “Ahhhhh.” Moments.
Just find things that suit you.
If you’ve got it, flaunt it. (:

posted about 4 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

yes! I hate that!

posted about 4 years ago

sakki89
Style_council
sakki89

Yeah…same feeling here. Make me sad.

posted about 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

“Have you ever been in a situation where you see a really cute article of clothing and you try it on and it just doesn’t do it? Or you can’t seem to pull it off?”

Two words: skinny jeans. I just don’t know how anyone who doesn’t have an ultra-flat derierre can move in skinny jeans.

posted about 4 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

rofl at the_ed! I have skinny jeans! I have a bit butt too, I dunno, I only really buy skinny jeans in DARK DARK wash. And stretchy material. So it works for me. It highlights my figure ;)

posted about 4 years ago

LittleWing
Style_council
LittleWing

i will see something when shopping with a friend, and point it out and they will already have it. :(

posted about 4 years ago

fshnnerd
Style_council
fshnnerd

yess!! i hatee that i always wanna feel unique so when i see someone wearing somethingg i have it feels like a voice in my head goes off sayingg “EPIC FAIL” haha;
my advice is go downtown to whereeverr you live and findd a hidden gem i love thatt cause every askss you where you got it and you never see anyone wearingg what you have!

posted about 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i hate it when that happens…or when you get the item, wear it all over, then by next week you see a hundred other girls wearing the same item…often times, not very well…

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION