Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  purses
gingerpark
New_user gingerpark is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When gingerpark reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
gingerpark

Hey I am new here, just joined a few days before...

I just wonder, is it important for every women/ girls (especially office girls) to have a high-end handbag? 

My colleague spent almost all of her salary in handbags, from what i saw she got Chanel, LV, BV, Balenciaga, Gucci, Prada, Miu Miu.. and many many...

Will you girls also buy other less expensive handbag? Also, i wanna know what do men think about this too

posted 4 months ago
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

How you spend your money is definitely a personal decision. I've seen myself splurge on travel but save on shopping. I really don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to wear nice things. I wouldn't mind owning one or two nice designer bags myself. I would not spend my whole salary on a bag though. I'll probably put money aside and until I save enough to buy the bag. 

posted 4 months ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

I agree, every person has different ideas about what is worth splurging/saving on. I think it also depends on what point you are in your career - if you're just starting off, it wouldn't really be practical to be spending a huge chunk of your salary on designer bags. Besides, if you know where to shop and have good taste, you can find handbags that look just as chic without blowing all your rent money! 

posted 4 months ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

If you ask me personally, it doesn't have to be high-end, but just good-quality with different functions.  Some of the designer brand name bags I own are passed down, and they still look new.  I don't have much need for getting another type of designer bag, since I'm trying to keep my room space minimal. Plus I have all the sturdy purses and bags I need!  This is not to say that I don't enjoy the novelty purses, I really do, but my room's space is a priority.  

I'm pretty content with my vintage Rooney and Bourke  purse.  Sometimes when I need to load my water bottle and my lunch, I would use my Betsey Johnson's gigantic tote purse (my newest purchase).  I also own a handcrafted (made by cousin) jetset purse, which is great for simple outings.  

After I bought my Betsey Johnson's gigantic tote purse, I'm  pretty satisfied with my purse collection.  They all work well with my outfits.   Because of my lifestyle, I would not spend over $190 on a purse, but I do understand that getting a quality item comes with a price too.  Thank goodness for second-hand stores :).  

In the end, it is about whatever floats your boat.  If designers bags isn't your thing--then don't buy it.  If you enjoy having one and you can afford it, then go for it! 

posted 4 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION