Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

Do you like getting clothes as a gift?

I think everytime I’ve ever gotten clothes I’ve had to exchange them for different sizes or return them. I don’t mind doing this but gift cards are easier. You?

posted almost 3 years ago
1 2 4 5
ChristieREdwards7587
Style_council
ChristieREdw...

Gift cards are always appreciated, but it’s the thought!

posted over 2 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

It’s really the thought that counts but I agree with you. Most of the time it’s the wrong size or not really my style.

posted over 2 years ago

soybeana
Style_council
soybeana

I love getting clothes as gifts. I hardly ever receive the wrong size so I don’t have to exchange it.

posted over 2 years ago

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Depends -

If it’s a thoughtful gift where the person actually considered my preferences, etc. then yeah I would like it no matter what. But sometimes I can just tell someone just chose something out of convenience. During those times, I’d prefer a gift card. Haha.

posted over 2 years ago

Yashmeens
New_user Yashmeens is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Yashmeens reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Yashmeens

Not every time. But This Birthday, I got a fantastic Saree. My best friend give this nice present to me.

http://indiaemporium.com/women/sarees.html

posted over 2 years ago

nancy1991
Style_council
nancy1991

yes of course ..

posted over 2 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

I think it depends if the person knows me or not.

Most of my friend usually buy me shoes because they know I have an obsession. Haha! I think all of them know my shoe size already. The clothes are a little tricky because I’m always really picky about the fit, and some sizes are just totally off compared to others. :)

Gift cards are awesome!

posted over 2 years ago

JoyceS
Style_council
JoyceS

It’s nice having someone put effort into choosing an item of clothing for you, but I have to agree with Opfiend. Gift cards are better gifts than clothes, unless of course the person who picked it out knows your style (and size) very well. Otherwise, just save each other the trouble and go purchase a gift card. It will still be very much appreciated.

posted over 2 years ago

junn
Style_council
junn

i’d take gift cards anytime, unless it’s my husband who’s giving me the clothes (he’s got great taste!). others just never seem to know what my size is or what type of clothes I go for. :)

posted over 2 years ago

Maya4ever
Style_council
Maya4ever

I prefer gift cards aswell. They are less of a hassle and you can buy something that you really like.

http://confessionsoffashionistas.blogspot.com/

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I’ve gotten some things that are perfect, but that is a rare occurrence. Usually it’s from my sisters or a close friend, but they know me very well and no my size so they have a better chance of getting it right. In general though, I prefer gift cards. I love that feeling of having endless possibilities!

posted over 2 years ago

RoxanaL
Style_council
RoxanaL

GIFTCARDS! You have to know very well a person’s fashion sense to buy him/her clothes.

posted over 2 years ago

HellaR
Style_council
HellaR

Well,I like getting clothes as a gift only from my closest friends.. because we always talk about what we need,or what we like.. But from others,I prefer gift cards..

posted over 2 years ago

TinaStefanovic
Style_council
TinaStefanovic

A gift is a gift and I shouldn’t be ungrateful or rude, but I prefer when people give me money or gift cards because my style is specific. Therefore I can buy clothes that I like :)

posted over 2 years ago

IoanaLina
Style_council
IoanaLina

Every girl loves to get some clothes, but I think you’re right, it’ s way much easier with the gift cards :)

posted over 2 years ago

roxx_lady
Style_council
roxx_lady

I love both! It depends on the person giving it to you though. Because if your grandma gives you clothes that are not particular to your taste then you would rather a giftcard, whereas if your boyfriend or even bestfriend knows your taste then clothes are great as a gift!

posted over 2 years ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

It depends on from who I am receiving it. My BFF and my hubby know exactly what i like and exactly what size to buy so it fits me well so if it’s from them, i don’t mind receiving clothing.

From other people though, it’s usually a hit or miss so i’d prefer other stuff or nothing at all :)

posted over 2 years ago

SavannahKrystine
Style_council
SavannahKrys...

I prefer to just get a gift card, unless I say I want this is a size whatever. They tend to buy what they think is cute, and you may not think is cute, or You.

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Gift cards, all the way! I tend to be very picky (although I prefer the term ‘eclectic’!), and it’s hard for people to find things that are my style and that fit just the way I like them. Although, my mom has gotten a lot better at it since my little sister grew up and started going shopping with her!

posted over 2 years ago

lovemarta
Style_council
lovemarta

I hate getting clothes as a gift! I prefer money

posted over 2 years ago

allymazing
Style_council
allymazing

Unless I can pick, then no. I have two brothers and no sisters and really boys are just bad at picking your size

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

i never thought about it before but I don’t like getting clothes as gifts. Nobody can pinpoint my style correctly and I usually don’t end up wearing it. But accessories and other things I’m okay with.

posted over 2 years ago

FelicitaHioe
Style_council
FelicitaHioe

It’s a gift! The worst or not-my-style the clothes are, the more I feel challenged to mix it.. or even to re-design it <3

posted over 2 years ago

Creatingafashionista
Style_council
Creatingafas...

I love that the gave it to me but honestly I would like a gift card better .. the cloths I get are way to big or small .

posted over 2 years ago

lyndseycamille
New_user lyndseycamille is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lyndseycamille reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lyndseycamille

I never get clothes as gifts anymore, I guess everyone figured out how difficult it is to get clothes for me LOL. I like to get gift cards where you can spend the money anywhere, but then again I do like something heartfelt.

posted over 2 years ago
1 2 4 5
REPLY TO DISCUSSION