SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

buy something because you REALLY REALLY like it, take it home, and realize you dont have anything to really match with it, or if you do you have to really think/DIG through your closet? I noticed some people will only buy stuff that can go with their closets, like if they have a full black/white closet, wouldnt buy like pink shoes cause it wouldnt go. I noticed everything I buy is bright, patterened, or detailed. My closet looks like a giant rainbow of clothes, no joke. Like I have 4 pink pairs of jeans XD. And my shoes arent like, the assortment of black variety with one or two red ones with some flats and a few beige/white. It’s all colorful, like purple, pink, brown, patterened,beige, boots with studs, etc. So I buy stuff and then have to get stuff to match/ look for matching stuff. Does this happen to anyone else? Does it bother you?

it doesnt bother me really, i wouldnt change my rainbow tastic closet for a full matching one anyday, I just wonder if im not the only one :)

posted about 4 years ago
woocie
Style_council
woocie

even if i like an item, i have to think to myself “can i wear this item at least 5 different ways so it doesn’t get old?” i’m a sucker for black shoes so i have a ton of them. it’s not that i don’t like colored shoes, it’s just that i’m not super big on shoes opposed to clothes so i want to buy pairs of shoes that i can wear often, rather than shoes that i can only wear with certain outfits.

posted about 4 years ago

lovebughannah
Style_council
lovebughannah

yes. all the time!

posted about 4 years ago

IndubitablySophi
Style_council
IndubitablyS...

Yes! A lot haha… then it gives me a reason to go shopping again. :D

posted about 4 years ago

freespirit_fashion
Style_council
freespirit_f...

I used to do this a lot when I was younger. I gravitate toward unique pieces, but I didn’t have any basics in my wardrobe to pair them with!

More recently, I’ve made an effort to keep stocked up on staple items like plain jeans, white t-shirts, camisoles, cardigans, etc. so that I have an easier time matching up the unique items in my closet with something. It’s always fun to put a couple crazy items together, but at least this way if I can’t make it work, I have some simple options to fall back on.

posted about 4 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

yes then i go shopping again to find things that match, but i end up spending in some other dont match stuff and forgot the things i need to buy, and such a mess my closet is !

posted about 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

yeah I just buy whatever the heck I like and when I get home sometimes I’m like..oh darn…

posted about 4 years ago

itswendycloset
Style_council
itswendycloset

Most of my clothes in my closet is black, white, grey, navy dark, and other dark color. i hardly buy any bright color clothing, yet i like pink color :/ i do have some yellow and red color clothing in my closet but they are from my sister that are given to me because they don’t want it anymore.

posted almost 4 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

My clothes are all solids. I NEVER buy patterns. Even out of the solid colors, I still don’t buy some colors like pink, yellow, red, and orange. It doesn’t bother me that my closet
isn’t varied because I don’t WANT to wear other things. Does that make sense?

Like I don’t buy other colors and patterns because I don’t want to wear those things.

cutiepie63
Style_council
cutiepie63

I tend to buy really random things and then chicken out. For example, I bought a headband with a bow and a little veil. It was so cute but I don’t know what to do with it. Another time I bought blue hair dye and bleach. My mom doesn’t know and I’m too scared to put some blue in my hair.

Bombonica
Style_council
Bombonica

yes. this happens all the time

xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

i always keep the tags attached until i actually wear the damn thing! sometimes it will be close to 30 days and if i still haven’t worn it, then i’ll most likely return it…

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

sometimes especially when i’m trying to change my style, but i just end up buying more pieces to match that item!

anikakhan
Style_council
anikakhan

YUP. Happens WAY too often.

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

yes, it happens! anyone, know a remedy?

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

it happens all the time.
but they will eventually be matched with something
hahahaaaaa

maddiejayy
Style_council
maddiejayy

If I do that, I end up buying other pieces that will go with it. I’m terrible at saving money, haha.

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I’m actually in the process of trying to expand my color collection in all aspects of my wardrobe, so I’m running into this problem a lot… but I just use it as an excuse to go buy something else to go with it :)

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

Im actually going through that right now…lol! My style is changing and I just bought a ton of new clothes (I like patterns, bright colors, edgy and girly things) but I have no basics! So now I have to go shopping for those, but then I see other things I like and still need the basics…a vicisous circle…lol!

posted over 2 years ago

JoyceS
Style_council
JoyceS

Been through that, but with mixing and matching, I always find the perfect dresses for the shoes I usually purchase! I’m impulsive when it comes to shopping.. But hey, everyone loves Dresses <3

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION