SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

What is it with some stores you go into and it looks like they didn’t take into consideration the layout of the shop? Well like the Forever 21 close to where I am – things are basically just crammed on the racks with little rhyme or reason to what goes where. I know clearance racks in any store are that way but it seems most of Forever 21 looks like that
It is like I see photos here of really cute things that came from that store but when I go visit there, everything just seems junky. Probably just cause of the instant stress of walking into what feels like a garage turned into a night club.That and the 300 pound sales associates trying to pull off leggings and a spandex mini skirt. (Not even in the 80’s did that look good)
I guess not all the forever 21 stores are that way but ours is.
I am not one to want to rummage thru endless stuff to find a jewel.

Contrast – Walk into Old Navy – everything is neatly organized. Even though most of their clothes are ugly or junky, but the layout makes you want to buy stuff. They could drop the “warehouse” look though.

OK so clothing shops that market to younger women – I can understand them blaring whatever new song Adele or lady gaga crapped out this week and the seriously overweight SA’s dressing like they are going to a Bon Jovi concert, but MUST they cram stuff on racks to make it look like some hoarder did the planogram?

posted over 1 year ago
AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

most clothes chainstores here – zara, h&m, and so on – have a dress code [read (nice) uniform] for the sales assistants, during sales/season clearance, they’re usually crammed with clothes that end up looking even cheaper than usual. the other stores that have more expensive stuff, are not as jammed with clothes..
and the only stores in which the employees don’t wear an uniform are the ones that sell the cheapest stuff on the market and are stuffed with merchandise. the people working there, still seem to be adhering to some dress code, as to stand out from the clients [asically, if you’re going to work in a store here, you’ll be wearing all black, and you might actually not be noticed i rarely see them, unless they stay right by my side].

luckily here, people dont weight 300 pounds………..yet, but who knows in some decades….
oh, yes, to answer to your question: i dont think the stores staff really cares about the way the goods look like, nor the store…at least not here…[i refer to the stores selling cheap or affordable goods, of course]

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

Defininately, I mean I’ve seen many stores like that… and it’s sad because the way the store looks it’s the first thing that comes into people eyes

posted over 1 year ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

Had not thought of that about “affordable” clothing stores not caring much. I guess the prime example of that would be thrift stores.

Weird thing though – my favorite store – DOTS, it is affordable yet the store presents well. Not “cheap” clothing really.

Too often people and I guess stores forget that part of a sale is the service itself. Service is everything from a nice store to the staff being polite etc…

posted over 1 year ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

I’ve run into a lot of stores like that, and I gotta say that the workers are either slacking or there are many inconsiderate consumers. Perhaps it’s both. I do get discouraged if I have to search through piles of clothing just to find a piece of clothing that I might possibly reject at the end. Zara has their sale and it does look like a zoo, a bag that I found on the first day was in great condition, then on the 4th day all the embroidery came off after massive rummages. What a waste.

posted over 1 year ago

ShopForFashion
New_user ShopForFashion is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ShopForFashion reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ShopForFashion

I guess if you are in a consignment store, or a bargain basement thrift shop, you can expect a certain amount of clutter and disorganization. But when I go into a store, willing to pay more for something stylish, that makes me feel good, I expect that it will be clean and neat. I just don’t understand what some stores are thinking.

posted over 1 year ago

lastyear
New_user lastyear is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lastyear reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lastyear

I have been to a few shop that don’t seem to care to much about how they look. I think if you are selling soemthing which is expensive then you should give a service that goes with it.

[netclothing]

posted over 1 year ago

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

Maybe it’s fellow shoppers who have moved around some of the merchandise. For example, they grab whatever they like as they see it, but after they try it on, they just leave whatever they don’t want to keep wherever. The store associates haven’t had the chance to reorganize. But yeah, it’s inconvenient to see a mall shop with jumbled merchandise.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION