Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Timeless_Collection
Shop_seller_2 Timeless_Collection is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
Timeless_Col...

Hi everyone,

I’ve been using the site for a while, mainly to upload pictures of the dresses we are selling. They are all saved from a boutique which we used to run in London in the 1980’s, and are all from big designers so are all quite pricey! A couple of them have been getting great feedback from people on the site though, which is great to read!

I was wondering whether anyone had any tips on how I can find people who might buy this stuff? Because it’s all designer and expensive I’m struggling – we haven’t sold any yet! But I’m sure there must be people out there who would want them…

Any tips would be awesome. Thanks for your time! xx

posted over 3 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think your best bet would be to set up your own website vintage store and just get out an advertise anywhere you can think of. Setting up a blog, befriending others and getting them to link to your would be a good idea, provided that you’re willing to do the same for them. Advertise on fashion forums too.

I have to say though that I do think your prices are steep for vintage clothing, even though it is designer. Considering that you’ve had these clothes since the 80s and if you don’t sell them now while vintage is a big trend then it’s likely you never will, I think you can afford to drop your prices a bit, which will attract buyers.

posted over 3 years ago

artyaffair
Style_council
artyaffair

yea i agree with ^. pricing is quite a big factor for people like me – you know, students who love fashion but can’t afford quite some of them. so priority tends to go to the cheaper of 2 choices :)

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION