Twitter
Googleplus
Annis
New_user Annis is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Annis reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Annis

I’m on my feet for hours at work. ALL of my shoes leave my feet hurting before the end of the day.

Any suggestions for comfortable, closed-toe and closed-heel, shoes? Cute would be nice, too!

Thanks!

posted about 3 years ago
thegreatbernsby
Style_council
thegreatbernsby

What’s right for you is completely dependant on your foot type.I’m not just talking wide or narrow. You should find out if you over-pronate at all. If you do, a simple insert can sometimes help make a big difference in your foot alignment which will releave pressure and pain through out your feet and the rest of your body too (especially in your back). A lot of running stores can help with this, or see a chiroptactor/podiatrist. Try a running store first -Even if you’re not int he market for shoes to run in, you can sometimes get free gait analysis and pointers on inserts. The latter two will usually try to get you to buy custom orthotics ($$$).

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I would definitely go for flats or wedges, for comfort. when you get new shoes you always have to break them in, but after that they’re usually super comfortable. lol my friend said about her flats, “once the blisters go away they’re fine!”.

posted about 3 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

It might not be for everyone, but I love my keds….my feet are never sore. Also, minnetonka moccasins (NOT appropriate for work, but good for at home and everything else) are super comfy.

posted about 3 years ago

Annis
New_user Annis is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Annis reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Annis

You know, I’ve been considering Keds. What kind do you have?

Also, thanks you to those who’ve responded so far!

posted about 3 years ago

heartandsole95
Style_council
heartandsole95

TOMS are amazing, I have like 4 pairs and wear them all so much because theyre so comfy and versatile, and I also love Minnetonka moccasins. I have a tall pair of fringey Minetonkas and a shorter lace up pair with fringe, and both are very versatile and comfy!

posted about 3 years ago

thelittleantlers
Style_council
thelittleant...

When I’m on my feet all day I definitely lean towards wearing brogues – they look cute and are super comfortable! If you’re from the UK, New Look always has decent brogues, or H&M! :)

posted about 3 years ago

illq
Style_council
illq

Well if you’re constantly on your feet, I recommend wear flats. I’ve heard that TOMS are super comfortable as well.

posted about 3 years ago

jcpenney
Style_council
jcpenney

A good pair of flats is a great way to stay comfortable and stylish. Try this pair for a casual look or a sparkly pair for dressier days.

posted about 3 years ago

thesimpletheory
Style_council
thesimpletheory

i’m not exactly sure where you work, but my work considers keds, toms, and some other shoes not appropriate unless it’s a casual work day. hands down best option are flats for me. if there isn’t enough cushion, i usually add those gel insoles to them. a low heel (1inch-2inch) are also pretty good because your feet arch that way when you walk. wedges are also good too but be careful not to get heavy ones.

posted about 3 years ago

ANNAFRYS
Style_council
ANNAFRYS

FLATS WEDGES

posted about 3 years ago

ScarletFury
Style_council
ScarletFury

I am all about comfort! I have found that Aerosoles are really comfortable. They have tons of heels and wedges that are very stylish and I can be on my feet all day.

posted about 3 years ago

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

I’d have to say Vans or Keds. Or you can buy some squishy pads for your feet at a local drugstore.

posted about 3 years ago

Caramelatte
Style_council
Caramelatte

I recently bought some “insolia” insoles for my high heels.. apparently they’re meant to take the weight off the ball of your foot and redistribute the weight more evenly. I bought them off ebay, so when they actually arrive I’ll let you know if it helps. If it does, maybe you could get away with wearing pain-free cute kitten heel shoes at work!

posted about 3 years ago

livisfat
Style_council
livisfat

TOMS are so comfy!! The toe area can kind of wear after a while but I agree with everyone who has said toms. I have two pairs and find them the perfect shoe for school.

posted about 3 years ago

Kimigazelle
Style_council
Kimigazelle

TOMS, Converse, or dearfoams. All pretty comfy

posted about 3 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

I don’t think Vans or Keds are comfortable as they don’t have any arch support. What about Hush Puppies. They have some decent looking and sort of trendy but not super cool looking shoes.

posted almost 2 years ago

kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

TOMS TOMS TOMS TOMS TOMS TOMS TOMS! :) If you don’t have to wear fancy shoes for work like me!

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I think a pair of snickers would be comfortable or some sandals.

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

I know that Blowfish Shoes are super comfortable, and they usually have a range of styles for everyone (flats, boots, wedges, etc.) and all occassions.

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

Flats or sneakers are the best for me!

posted over 1 year ago

anhngo
New_user anhngo is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When anhngo reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
anhngo

Sneakers from Vans are always the best if you want something comfortable ;-)

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION