SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

There has been a frenzy for wearing clear sunglasses, as is without prescription. Worn by the likes of Scarlett Johannsen, Kanye West, and bloggers, we’re not sure if they’re by prescription but these clear glasses are pretty cool looking!

What do you think… Do you guys wear them as is? Or do you wear prescribed lensies?

posted almost 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I have one pair that I wear pretty frequently, and according to my husband’s optometrist, they’re a pretty good option for sun protection!

Apparently, unless you have those sunglasses that completely surround your eye area (like the ones old people wear) you still run the risk of damaging your eyes. The reason is because dark lenses make your eyes think it’s not as sunny as it is, so they stay dilated and end up letting in a lot of the damaging rays. So the clear lenses are somewhat better, because they block UV rays, but don’t trick your eyes into thinking it’s darker.

posted almost 2 years ago

jessicaluxe
Style_council
jessicaluxe

I chalk it up to: you want what you can’t have.
Since I wear glasses, I hate the trend; but it seems that people who don’t wear glasses and want to, finally have an excuse to!

posted over 1 year ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

I don’t get the point

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION