SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
justicemia
Style_council
justicemia

I’m from Miami, and I’m moving to Boston for college..
I’m stressing about how cold its going to be, and I don’t want to be wearing big ugly jackets! Do you have any suggestions for styles of snow clothes that are warm and stylish?????
thanks!
Ara

posted over 5 years ago
artemisthierry
Style_council
artemisthierry

I am in Providence (an hour-ish from Boston)! I also moved to this region for school.
Definitely invest in a couple nice warm coats, not necessarily expensive but something that is genuinely warm and that you won’t get sick of wearing every day. Short jackets can be cute, but I go for something that covers my butt or else I’m too cold, haha. Scarves, scarves, scarves! can do a lot to save your style and change up outfits when you have to wear a coat everywhere! And cute boots definitely.

posted over 5 years ago

genna
Style_council
genna

yeh i live in australia and it gets freezinggg during soccer season so have coats, if its not a warm coat, acrylic tops and wool is reallly warm, and layer them ++ scarves and berets of course :)

posted over 5 years ago

rowena_jordana
Style_council
rowena_jordana

the most important is warm feet.
if u dont have warm feet, your whole body is cold and than you feel like you are ill

posted over 5 years ago

backseat5am
Style_council
backseat5am

hi! I go to school near Boston and my roommate and I shop at H&M for coats. Also, you need scarves and some comfy boots that don’t have slippery soles for when it’s icy out.

posted over 5 years ago

mulatoqt
Style_council
mulatoqt

How about over the knee boots, oversized flannel shirts, leather jackets, shearling anything, and a beanie a la alexander wang? Oh and a good circle scarf goes a long way. Check out the varieties at American Apparel, H&M, and Zara. Buying a winter wardrobe is so much fun, no worries!

posted over 5 years ago

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

leather jackets are surprisingly warm!

posted over 5 years ago

queenelizabeth
Style_icon
queenelizabeth

Find a coat that you can wear with everything – my coat this winter is a huge fake-fur one that keeps me really warm. you might be able to find a good wool, fake fur, or leather jacket at a thrift store (there are some really good ones in Boston!) or if not, invest in something nice enough that you’ll be able to wear it forever.

posted over 5 years ago

Cad
Style_council
Cad

I agree with jetaime, I’m from Norway and I use leather jacket every day. But underneeth it I wear a wool jumper or something.
Wool is pretty musch a key word when it comes to winter, If wool get wet it would still keep you warm.

posted over 5 years ago

justicemia
Style_council
justicemia

thanks so much for the great advice! i’ll look into wool and scarves.. i’m still trying to find my perfect jacket… but i’ll find it soon (i hope)
keep your suggestions coming :)

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION