SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

Ok, so I was browsing GoJane.com because I was eyeing these cute leopard print wedges, when I came across these Lace-Up Suede Platforms and I realized that they look pretty identical to the Jeffrey Campbell Litas, minus the way the front of the booties are constructed and the fact that it’s missing the grommets on the original style.

My question for everyone is how do you feel about people purchasing and wearing “the look for less”? I am the type of person that thrives on recreating runway looks with clothes in my closet, and I love finding deals where I can. I am not opposed to rocking a look that you love for less, but I am concerned about how close this “inspired shoe” is to the original. Would I be ridiculed by those who wear the real deal? Would I be considered not fashionable?

Just need some opinions because as much as I do like the inspired shoe more than the original, I also have respect for designer’s creativity and wouldn’t want to devalue the designer’s shoe by wearing the replica.

posted about 4 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Hey! i’m also a bargain hunter and I love when you can find runway inspired clothes for less. I am not against buying inspired clothing, but it is difficult when the item looks like it has been directly copied.
I think in this instance, because the Litas are such a statement shoe, personally I would go with the original instead of the copies. (not that i can afford them though… :( ) Because the Litas are so popular and recognisable, I guess that the copies could be viewed as a cheap knock-off and may not be seen as “fashionable” or cool as the real ones…
However, they are definitely a lot more affordable, and the comments on the site say that they are comfy and worth the price, and they do look pretty good.

posted about 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Truth is, the Lita’s aren’t the original – thank Charles Anastase. With that being said, these seem to be mimicking the Lita’s. Most JC shoes are inspired by other designers. I’d personally buy these – they’re cheaper. And to be honest, the shoe isn’t an incredibly classic style. Chances are, it will be considered unfashionable in a few seasons – which shouldn’t stop one from wearing it, but I wouldn’t be too conflicted about buying these!

posted about 4 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

I would totaly buy them , they are pretty cheap and good looking, and I agree with Catherine

posted about 4 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

I agree with Catherinee. :)

posted about 4 years ago

punkintin85
Style_council
punkintin85

go with what you can afford; ignore any haters

posted about 4 years ago

illq
Style_council
illq

I don’t think it’s that bad to get a look for less if you like it.. Try not looking at the brand but more how the shoes are and since you really like it, then go for it. I dont think people will care as much as you think and who knows you might get a few compliments.

posted about 4 years ago

sukavati
Style_council
sukavati

I wouldn’t buy the inspired shoe, because I think it’s a little disrespectful to the ORIGINAL designer of the shoes

posted about 4 years ago

hotlikemexico
Style_council
hotlikemexico

i love them!

posted about 4 years ago

thesimpletheory
Style_council
thesimpletheory

doesn’t matter what others think – if you like them, go for it!
also, fashion is a creation of people’s imaginations which were inspired by others. and fashion repeats itself too! personally, i don’t think litas are “iconic” because for me, i consider something iconic to be timeless (for example chanel classic flap bag). again, this is my opinion but i’d love to hear other opinions too!

posted about 4 years ago

malloryasherr
Style_council
malloryasherr

if you love them & you’re more comfortable with spending alot less, then go for the bargains. it’s better than spending a load on a pair of designer shoes that might not even fit you in a year.

posted about 4 years ago

MsNita83
Style_council
MsNita83

Ok first I want to say Rock what you want regardless of what others may think or feel. If you like it, feel like u look good in it, and it make u comfy by all means do it. Secondly, all style is a knock off from somewhere seeing as style and fashion repeats itself. I am the biggest bargaining shopper I know and I could care less what the name is as long as “I” like it.

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION