SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
juliarose
Style_council
juliarose

I’m going to be working the Middle East for the next year so I need to buy some somewhat conservative style business clothes. What I would like are classic style and well fitting suits that make me look chic, put together, and fresh. I’m only 21 so I want to look somewhat my age but still be taken seriously among mostly male and older clients. I’ve gone to Nordstrom but their suits just look frumpy on me – even when the tailor took in the waist,etc. Zara didn’t have much by way of business suits but they had a few nice pants and jackets. My other problem is that while I’m a size 4/6, i’m fairly curvy and I do not want my figure to be distracting… but I also don’t want to look like I’m wearing someone else’s clothes that are too big for me.

Can anyone tell me where to find well fitted chic business suits/business clothes??
I don’t have large budget…

posted over 4 years ago
kuriku
Style_council
kuriku

I bought a blazer from Theory and wear it to all my job interviews. They fit really will and the material is good :) You can thrift them too for about 1/3 of the price! I wear a size 4 and I got size 2 from Theory.

For pants, Theory makes good ones too, but since I’m 23 I don’t go for the one color suit, I usually match with another color (like gray under black). I have a pair of trousers from Old Navy that fit me really well, they were a size 2 as well.

Hope this helps! You can just try them on in the store and then thrift them!

participate in my giveaways before they end

posted over 4 years ago

Chelsea_TSS
Style_council
Chelsea_TSS

I found that the limited has some great business clothes. If your shopping from Canada, Ricki’s has great clothes for curvy women. Let me know where your shopping from and maybe i can be of more help!

~Chelsea
www.shoppingsupplement.com

posted over 4 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

Look at this girls outfit if the days, some of her skirts, are a bit short, but you can replace them with pencil skirts. Hrhcollection- just look that up on YouTube. She is so stylish, while still dressing really work apropriate

posted over 4 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

The Limited has nice clothes for business. I’m 17 and I have an internship in a formal office and I brought clothes from there that work on me and borrowed some of my mom’s. Their clothes work on a variety of ages and will probably be good for you. They also have certain styles cut for curvier people

posted over 4 years ago

dorotron
Style_council
dorotron

Express.com has great stuff. I just bought a suit from there!

posted over 4 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

All my suiting is Theory. It’s expensive—but it always goes on sale. I love wearing it and always get compliments on it. (But it’s the tailoring that makes all the difference, I happened to find a great one.) I’m the youngest person at work, so looking professional while looking my age has been interesting.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION