Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  cheap shoponline cheap shop
VivaciousVee
Style_council
VivaciousVee

I was just wondering what places people shop at that aren’t super expensive. I love to dress up and look nice but i can’t afford designer clothing.

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

I shop when there is a sale. Like summer sales are nice, after christmas is the best imo.
H&M doesn’t let you down when it comes to cheap.
Also buying online saves me alot.

Patience and planning is key, not so much the shops themselves.

posted over 3 years ago

woocie
Style_council
woocie

have you tried stores like ross and tjmaxx? they have name brand clothes for cheaper! i agree with everyone else though, the key to getting cheap clothes (other than forever 21 and h&m) is patience and to look for coupons and good deals. i sign up for emails for stores that i like and wait for sales and you can usually find good steals. when august comes around, a lot of summer clothes are 75% off at a lot of stores so you can get them for cheaper!

posted over 3 years ago

Samsfact
New_user Samsfact is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Samsfact reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Samsfact

Just to reiterate what everyone’s been saying..sales sales sales! Also, if you live in a good area, places like goodwill seem to have hidden gems of greatness. I live near a couple college campuses and I swear to goodness, college kids’ donations are fabulous.

After that, have you tried Lulus? If you like shops like Modcloth, they have the same designers often for cheaper. Also shopping indie designers, on etsy or at my favorite Spottedmoth, can get you good deals and you’re helping!

Hope this aids in your discovery!
Happy shopping!

posted over 3 years ago

Abigail17
Style_council
Abigail17

H&M and Forever 21 are great stores, besides Target and overstock places like Ross and TJ Maxx. Thrifting is also a great way to go, but I’d go by Lauren Conrad’s rules in her book, “Style”. Also, try joining mailing lists like “Hautelook”, and grab inspiration from high end-meets-low end style blogs, like Dulce Candy.(dulcecandy.com)

posted over 3 years ago

NotSoFrenchFries
New_user NotSoFrenchFries is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When NotSoFrenchFries reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
NotSoFrenchF...

I go shopping at outletstores, they have designer clothes of the prvious season but their a in fashion since these designertrends get popular a year after release.

posted over 3 years ago

melavond
Style_council
melavond

h&m and forever 21 of course! but I love thrift stores and goodwills target and tj maxx I frequent alot. oh yea charlotte russe is along the lines of forever 21 and h&m. I think you’d be good going to outlet stores too.

posted over 3 years ago

blueviolet725
Style_council
blueviolet725

I have added some basics to my wardrobe with clearance items from Coldwater Creek in their outlet section- and with on line coupons I actually got some of the outlet stuff reduced 50 % off! Good for classics.
I also save money by adding accessories to my old wardrobe for a new look.
I work for a website for clearance for a women’s accessory designer. www.shopicl.com

posted over 3 years ago

Curvy_Chic_Confident
Style_council
Curvy_Chic_C...

Marshall’s (Still has a Lay-a-way),TJMaxx, and ROSS.
JcPenny has an AWSOME clearance right now! They have that Mango collection as well…and because it was overpriced in the first place…all the clothes have price adjustment stickers on them as well as some items on Markdown!
Old Navy for your basics and I also shop thrift!

I say look online for looks that you love and print them out…shop different stores till you find similar pieces and rock them like you just spent $5000!

Fashion DOES NOT mean ya have to break the bank!!!

~Stephanie
www.alittleglitz.com

posted over 3 years ago

GypsyGamineVintage
Style_council
GypsyGamineV...

Online vintage is a great way to get amazing finds and pay very little. Check out my online vintage store. We get new merchandise in daily:

http://shop.ebay.com/gaminevintage/m.html?nkw=&armrs=1&from=&ipg=25

posted over 3 years ago

mcclayalice
New_user mcclayalice is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When mcclayalice reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
mcclayalice

I love nastygal.com, although they can be little pricy sometimes,
I love modernmilieus.com too, and they are having a summer sale these days.

posted over 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

ebay, thift shops, and I dont think forever 21 is that bad

posted over 3 years ago

larnold20
Style_council
larnold20

definitely marshalls and stores like that, just got juicy couture jeans 50% off! H&M is nice but sometimes the european sizing doesnt match up. Forever 21 is good if you have enough patience to look through everything! dont look for quality there. I’ve had to repair many clothes from there especially crappy zippers. At my mall we have a store called Francesscas which seems like a little boutique but is actually a chain. They have tonss of dresses, shirts and jewelry thats awesome. For online I usually stick with lulus but also look at francesscas online shopping. If you want designer things, saks fith ave online usually has some pretty good sales.

posted over 3 years ago

girlpanic
Style_council
girlpanic

www.amiclubwear.com or www.gojane.com & you could always try outlet stores and thrift shops for good deals on higher end items .

posted over 3 years ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

TJMaxx and Marshalls. Sometimes even Target. You just have to be willing to sift through a lot of clothes.

posted 11 months ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION