Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
plainlyquixotic
Style_council
plainlyquixotic

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering when’s the best period of the year to visit the US for an awesome shopping experience? Seeing that many of the Chictopians are from the states, can someone please suggest the best period to hit the sales – be it designer to thrift (: Oh, I’m currently living in melbourne and am hoping to visit the states soon. I heard of the wonderful sample sales and the post xmas sales , so is that truly the best time to shop? I can’t wait and I hope you guys can help me. Do recommend stores and which cities to visit too!

posted over 5 years ago
melmo
Style_council
melmo

oh nice I’m waiting with you ;)

posted over 5 years ago

cyan
Style_council
cyan

I’d believe that November/December is the best time to shop! Specifically after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) up until the 1st of January. Black Friday is usually a mad rush for sales.

posted over 5 years ago

MIchelleMcDaniel
Style_council
MIchelleMcDa...

I always hit dillard’s and nordstroms half yearly sale. Black Friday so overrated

posted over 2 years ago

twintasticness
Style_council
twintasticness

After any major holiday is a really good time to shop because everything is on sale. So after christmas is an amazing time to shop. Also for clothing it’s really good to shop when the seasons are changing because the old seasons clothing is on sale and you can stock up for next year and also pick up essential basic pieces for half the price! Good luck with your shopping experience here in the states, I hope you love it here!

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

After any major holiday. Basically, if there’s a Holiday, there’s a sale. So, the nest one would be St. Patrick’s Day or Easter.
But, also, at the end of each season, stores are going to do anything for you to buy the rest of the ending seasons stuff.

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Stores use pretty much any holiday, major or not, as an excuse to have a sale… the ones at the major holidays and around season changes are definitely the best though.

posted over 2 years ago

isa170
New_user isa170 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When isa170 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
isa170

yes … depends on what you are looking for, but basically the “end” of any season you’ll have markdowns/some kind of sale. so january a good time for cleaning up on fall/winter gear, etc.

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

after christmas or black friday!
but make sure to sign up for your favorite clothing line’s email newsletter to find the best sales.

I sign up for H&M, Forever 21, Fred Flare and Urban Outfitters
and they notify me when they have sales!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION