SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
d0rki3
Style_council
d0rki3

How do people afford such high end clothing? Currently I’ve been in a information overload with fashion, and I keep seeing people my age ( senior year ) with high named brands and I’m just like to myself, wtf how do I get that? I have a min. paying job that i haven’t gotten a single shift for in like 2 weeks and i’m saving for a trip :$. So I was wondering do they have like highpaying jobs as models or something? Or do they just save months for it? How do you guys budget your money :$

posted almost 3 years ago
sunshine3215
New_user sunshine3215 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When sunshine3215 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sunshine3215

Well, I’m say this…..1) you never know what other students parents salary allow them to purchase. Some people are really making high salaries and buy very expensive items for their children. 2) some people have “connections” in stores and are buying HOT merchandise

One thing I had to learn as a young person, do YOU. I used to try and “keep” up with people not knowing how they were getting the merchandise then I was the one with the 2,000 credt card balance.

Don’t get into the “designer” trap, I like a lot of expensive things, I use it for motivation and coordinate my clothes in the same style as designers but buy them from cheaper places. You can have the look but don’t pay the price.

I used to have a saying. “The only one who has to pay for it is YOU”….so when you are in DEBT you stand alone. You can be just as FLY shopping in regular stores and of course watch for sales at saks,macys and nordstroms.

Garza_Steph
Style_council
Garza_Steph

I always wonder the same thing. I see all my friends with new bags, shoes, clothes, etc. but I agree with sunshine, you can get the same look for cheaper, much cheaper if you really try! Don’t worry about the expensive things others are wearing, if you like a $10 pair of heels more then a $1,500 pair of heels then who cares! Only YOU see the tag and only you have to pay for it.

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

Well I’m 24, with a good paying job, and I still have to save up if I ever want to buy high end items. When I was younger, w a min paying job, I would usually use my pay check to buy what I want won’t carrying If I was left w no money, but luckily I didn’t bother my parents to help w my vice!

Questhavenfashions
Style_council
Questhavenfa...

www.Questhavenfashions.com offers ultra chic wear at affordable prices.We also offer a great rewards program where you can earn discounts on your purchases everyday. Check out the details on our site.

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Boyfriends or parents. When you work for your cash you don’t really justify spending hundreds on something just for the label.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION