SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
WyeChin
Style_council
WyeChin

Hi girls! I love browsing the ASOS site and I really want to make an order but I’m unsure about the sizing!
I’ve read alot of opinions online and they are all different. Some say they run big, some say they run small, and others say they are true-to-size. :S

To those who have bought clothes off ASOS before, how do you find their sizing? In particular, their bottoms ie. skirts and shorts.

(I’m in between a 6-8 in Australia stores and Topshop and don’t know if I should get a 6 or 8.)

posted almost 4 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’ve found that with the own brand clothing the size guide is pretty accurate when it comes to measurements. Everything I’ve bought has been true to size. Just choose your size according to the size guide.

However though, if you’re shopping one of the brands and not their own line check the individual brands site for a sizing guide as their labelling of brand sizes is not always accurate.

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

As a general rule, go by the measurements they give but I find skirts are more forgiving than shorts and trousers, size-wise. I’m smaller in skirts because they usually only have to accommodate my waist, which is little, but larger in shorts/trousers because they have to deal with my hips and thighs. I find this is even the case with pencil skirts, but your mileage may vary.

So if you’re still unsure after looking as the measuring guide and are ordering shorts or a very form-fitting skirt, go for a size 8. If it’s a skirt, try a 6.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION