Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashion_destruction
Style_council
fashion_dest...

im a retail store person but when isee a bargain igo for it.for example if coach original store has a purse for 150 and nordstroms has it for 120 im going for nordstom but you go to goodwill or your local thrift store and see it for just 50 would you trust and buy it??TELL ME WHAT WOULD YOU GO FOR

posted about 5 years ago
1 3
SoleilRadieux
Style_council
SoleilRadieux

Almost everything I own is from retail, but if I knew of any thrift stores within walking distance I would definitely go look around. :)
I’m more worried about how good the quality is over the price, although I do have price limits for certain things.

posted over 4 years ago

cem90
Style_council
cem90

Do both! Retail has all the trends, and thrift can be work to go through. But if you’ve got the creativity (or a creative friend), you can find inexpensive peices to alter to a current look, make a new look, or even something you don’t have to change at all!

posted over 4 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

Where I live, there’s not much from thrifting. I decided to try it once and saw some blazers priced at $10. I went to the mall and bought some new blazers for $10. The brands at the thrift stores weren’t even “known,” while the $10 blazer that I bought was from New York & Company and can actually be trusted when it comes to “quality” since I’m more familiar with it.

I have nothing against thrifting though. I wish I lived in a bigger city where the rich people donate their great hand me downs, and I can find great treasures like everybody else around here does. Unfortunately, I live in a city where fashion is void, and thrifting has a negative connotation because of the kind of clothes that are actually being sold in the stores. :(

So after writing an essay, I guess my pick is retail. :)

posted over 4 years ago

LoveCharles
Style_council
LoveCharles

My wardrobe is built off unique thrift finds. The bargains cannot be beat. I fill in with a few retail pieces, and of course some h&m – f21 pieces, but the variety and the one of a kind vintage pieces I can find thrifting cannot be beat. I’ve even found vintage coach at thrift stores, and that I do trust!

posted over 4 years ago

AnetteAas
Style_council
AnetteAas

I guess I’m leaning towards thrifting. I’m not rich but I’m into fashion ergo I need to satisfy my craving so there. I make my own clothes and bags just to satisfy my shopping need. feels so much better to have something unique and original.

posted over 4 years ago

thewrotethewrit
Style_council
thewrotethewrit

A mixture – I love mixing old with new!

posted over 4 years ago

zombelle
Style_council
zombelle

I prefer thrift shops because I can easily afford them, but I have been known to be spoiled with a retail shopping spree courtesy of a family member.

posted over 4 years ago

ahappyfreakingday
Style_council
ahappyfreaki...

i prefer going to thrift stores…i dont care about labels …i am still a young/broke/part-time employee/full time student….money is very tight.

posted over 4 years ago

harloww
Style_council
harloww

I am a thrift-a-holic. I find so many great things thrifting, so that’s usually my first stop when I go shopping. If I’m looking for a specific thing and don’t find it thrifting, then I’ll go retail. Labels aren’t really significant to me, just stuff that loks cute.

posted over 4 years ago
1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION