Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

F21 twist has this new collection called “Country Rebel”. I’m currently browsing it, but I’m a little confused as to how it’s any different from most of their Heritage 1981 line. There’s flowery stuff, frilly stuff, Bright magenta & green stuff, and they mix it with chunky, studded jewlery and the same 4 pairs of boots (which all seem to have low heels, thankfully.) I like the clothes, but I’m wondering, "Just what new thing are you trying to go for with this, F21?

Check it out yourself, chictopians. Share what you think after you view the link below:
Country Rebel

posted almost 5 years ago
SoleilRadieux
Style_council
SoleilRadieux

I’m not quite sure where they’re going with that.
Possibly small town farmer’s / reverend’s daughter trying to be edgy or unique? o.o?

I like some of the pieces individually, but the outfits they put together on their models are slightly confusing.

antoinettemarie
Style_council
antoinettemarie

i know i saw that too. it looks just like the heritage 1981 line!

camerakind
Style_council
camerakind

I disagree, I think it looks like the TwelvexTwelve line but a cheaper version of it. I’m a cashier and when I mark up stuff I sometime guess the price before I look at the screen (I need to amuse myself at times) and today I scanned an item, guessed it was “expensive” but it turned out to be $12.80 and it was a piece of the new line twist.

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Oh gee, camerakind’s also right. Some of the newer twelvebytwelve stuff looks like that too. I guess it’s a part of the “Country Party Girl” look that’s in for spring.
I really can’t understand why not a single “trendy plaid shirt” fits me right…just like why I can’t understand why Country (ok…hick-pop) music is the most popular music in America.

It’s ok every now and then…but it’s not me…which is why I’m glad there will be other trends this spring. We’ll be making them, right? ;)

jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

Its like combat boots or leather jackets with floral print clothes

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I like the idea of it… think shortened 50’s dresses and rockabilly with a bit of roughness. But I’m not sure that’s what they achieved… there’s not much rebellion.

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

like the clothes but when I think country rebel i think of all the hicks who live in the hick towns and go to the hick school surrounding my city with their hick muddy trucks and their hick GO-SLAVERY flags. Rebels without cause. farmers. dirty. Not that I don’t like those people, its just what I think of, so please don’t get offended anyone nervous smile

New_user 118212 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 118212 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

rockabilly, a portmanteau of rock (rock ‘n’ roll) and hillbilly (western southern country influence)

REPLY TO DISCUSSION