SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  clothingdressesfashionjewelryover the knee socks flatter
mayfaircalling
Style_council
mayfaircalling

So I’m intrigued by this over-the-knee sock thing. They look chic enough with a short hem of any kind. but here is the question: are stick-thin legs a MUST for this look?
inspiration à la carrie bradshaw: http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/4/49504/...

posted almost 6 years ago
1 2
New_user 25093 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 25093 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I’ve tried them over tights and i didnt like it. I just dont wear them over my knees now. It works a lot better….

posted over 5 years ago

pandafly
Style_council
pandafly

i would wear them over tights.
but i think it depends whether or not it would look good with the outfit.

posted over 5 years ago

amalia_r
Style_council
amalia_r

you can wear it even if you’re skin! looks better anyway

posted almost 2 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I ordered a pair online and they look just weird-my legs aren’t even that fat, but there was just a bunch spilling over the top where the high sock ended. Maybe they were just too tight and I needed to get a bigger size-I’m going to try some in stores to see

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I love over the knee socks! I think they look great with short hems- no tights required. I also think that they look really good on stick-thin legs but they look good on legs of any size also

flockingowls
Style_council
flockingowls

No, you don’t need to be stick thin to pull off the over the knee socks look. I love to wear over the knee socks over jeans with tall boots, so you can just see the top. of course, the socks have to go with the jeans :)

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

color is definitely a factor! I think sticking with darker colors (black, burgundy, navy) is the most flattering option.

posted 10 months ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I can’t wear socks above my knees because I think I look too short wearing them like that. I can wear them up to my knees,though. They still look the same.

posted 10 months ago

UnicornCupcake
Style_council
UnicornCupcake

I personally think they look very flattering on all body types the trick is making sure they aren’t too tight, don’t want muffin top on your legs LOL but too loose doesn’t work either as they have to stay up, I really like forever 21’s! :)

posted 10 months ago

Crystal94305
Style_council
Crystal94305

Stick-thin legs are not required for over-the-knee socks if you pick them in dark colors. Early spring is a good time to wear them, and here are some tips on how to make them flatter your legs: www.crystaltai.com/node/47

posted 5 months ago

mishpish
Style_council
mishpish

I love knee high socks! Check out this look http://mishpish.com/collections/march14/products/white-and-black-sleevelessdress

Also looks great with dress shorts :)

There are thigh high socks that you can get with frills and lace as well to flatter the thighs! 

:)

posted 4 months ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION