Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
cakewithlegs
Style_council
cakewithlegs

what boots do you wear in the snow? i’m looking for something durable with good traction for ice, but still looks wearable. nothing with fur – ick. for the record, i go to school in maine…

posted over 4 years ago
freespirit_fashion
Style_council
freespirit_f...

I’ve lived in Chicago my whole life, and I also attend school in the area, so I’m very familiar with harsh winters. I have the same problem with finding footwear for the winter! My biggest problem is that my toes get frostbitten very easily.

I know a lot of people on here aren’t fans of uggs, but I love mine. They keep my feet warm (no frostbitten toes), and are great for snow. Plus, mine have lasted me several winters. And there are styles that don’t have fur on the outside, if that’s what you prefer.

If you’re against uggs, technica is a company that makes good snow boots as well. I have a pair that has fur on them, but you might try looking into their “moon boots” or some of their other styles that don’t have fur. Finally, sorel also makes good snow-proof and water-proof boots, which also don’t have fur on them.

Hope this helps!

posted over 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Last winter I wore Doc Martens. Probably not the best idea…

posted over 4 years ago

EmployedPanache
Style_council
EmployedPanache

Try sorel.com…. the ones I have do have fur, but not all their styles do. Warm, comfy, great traction, and not ugly!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION