SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
jeyxo
Style_council
jeyxo

hello everyone!!

i really like the look where people wear leggings as pants, but im not sure how to do it right. i have a round butt and i want to wear the look without looking trampy and have my butt hanging out. also, i dont dress super super trendy or anything, so i dont want something thats over the top. any suggestions? ide appreciate anything. thanks! <3

posted over 5 years ago
heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

I think the most important rule of thumb with leggings is to always wear them with a top that covers your entire crotch and butt area. Ideally, the top should come to about mid-thigh and be fairly loose-fitting. Also, choose leggings that come to the ankle instead of mid-calf ones (which cut the leg in a really unflattering way) and that are as opaque as possible. On the “Style Gallery” page, try doing a search for “leggings” and see how others on Chictopia are styling them. I used to hate leggings until I saw Chictopians wearing them!

posted over 5 years ago

jeyxo
Style_council
jeyxo

thanks so much, im going shopping tomorow, and ill definatly try to remember that and pick otu a top that works!! thanks again.

ooh, also, i have a pair of calf-high leggings, how could i wear those? not as pants, but just in general. i rarley wear them because i dont really know how.

posted over 5 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

yeah most people would agree that leggings should be worn with a longer shirt or a dress that covers your crotch/bum. or you could wear them with a high waisted skirt and a top (maybe not denim minis though.. that can look a bit trashy!)

calf high leggings aren’t the most flattering of lengths (i know through experience :[ ) so i guess you could wear them as a layer underneath dresses or skirts, but with knee high boots…

posted over 5 years ago

lovebuzz_
Style_council
lovebuzz_

i’m not all that keen on the calf-length leggings but in terms of full length, oversized t shirts & blouses work perfectly. i think leggings are cool for dressing down only, (my personal opinion) they look so cute with vans & are also great with the whole layering thing. you just pull on a pair of leggings & throw the rest of your wardrobe over your head! have fun experimenting!!!

posted over 5 years ago

cherrybitch
Style_council
cherrybitch

I always feel to fat/awkward to wear leggings as pants out of the house. There are very few people who can pull them off without looking fat/lame/like a small 90s child, but those people who can look amazing in them.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION