Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
araci
Style_council
araci

I like how jean shorts and leggings make my body look, they make my legs and hips look good. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT are they still a trend? I dont want to look like a weirdo!

posted almost 5 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I love wearing denim shorts and tights/leggings. if you think they look good on you, then wear them. don’t worry about whether they are ‘in’ or not!

mockoff
Style_council
mockoff

Have you tried wool shorts with leggings? Depending on where you live it may make more sense for the season. But I also agree with coldlight – if they look good on you wear them!

http://www.mock-off.com

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

^ That’s pretty much what I do with the shorts + tights look. I feel a bit too old at 26 for lightwash denim shorts. I tend to go for slack-style shorts, pinstripes, and/or high-waist in dark colors with tights.

DiorKiss
Style_council
DiorKiss

I like your idea Mockoff, wool shorts and leggings are really cute! I don’t really like the tights & jean shorts combo though, although some people really rock that look.

araci
Style_council
araci

Thank you to everybody for their suggestions! I loved your idea Mockoff, and I am actually gonna buy wool shorts cause I live in Boston and they make so much sense. Thanks everyone again! you guys are awesome!!

CourtneyElizabeth
Style_council
CourtneyEliz...

I love wearing cuffed pant-shorts with tights. It looks a little dressier and is a good alternative to skirts. But I love the way textured tights look with cutoffs, with a comfy sweater or flannel thrown on top. So grungy. Way cute.

anonymours
Style_council
anonymours

depends on the shorts.
i think baggy denim doesn’t look as amazing with leggings
but plaid short with wool tights look awesome together

posted over 4 years ago

satinsugar
Style_council
satinsugar

who cares about trends! i say wear whatever the hell you want to wear. there are plenty of things that you can see in the style gallery that wouldn’t be considered a trend but still look amazing!

posted over 4 years ago

jthenitrokid
Style_council
jthenitrokid

Why bother whether it’s trendy! I agree with satinsugar. Wear whatever you feel confident/comfy in. Nothing beats confidence :D

posted over 4 years ago

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

i love jeans shorts with tights or tailored shorts with tights, depends on wear I’m going. For class, definitely jean shorts and black tights. for going out, my high waist black shorts and colorful tights (neon green or turquoise for fun, black for sophisticated styling) :)

posted over 4 years ago

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

I agree with satinsugar

posted over 4 years ago

fieryholocaust
Style_council
fieryholocaust

If we keep wearing them then they’re still in style! And I want to wear them so please do. :)

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think sheer/semi sheer tights and shorts is fine, it can look good with the right pair of shorts. Shorts with leggings however, I don’t like.

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I personally hate it all together, trend or no, who cares? lol. I think it looks tacky, you’re putting together two things that don’t go really…but thats just me…i tried it once and all my guy friends told me they would never hit on a girl wearing them…i mean they are gay but still….

I agree with wool shorts or silk shorts…just not jean shorts…pick something a bit more seasonally appropriate material-wise if youre going to wear shorts in winter…

posted over 4 years ago

J_adoreSourire
Style_council
J_adoreSourire

I realy love it I’m wear it all most every day, with a long t-shirt. It is the most confortable outfit for school

posted over 4 years ago

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

I think it looks nice as long as it’s season and weather appropriate and you dress it up a bit.

posted over 4 years ago

cem90
Style_council
cem90

Wear them with heels! Maybe even with a pair of Converse, but you’d have to wear the right top.
But definitely with heels.

posted over 4 years ago

LoveCharles
Style_council
LoveCharles

Forget about trends, just worry about composing an outfit that you like, and that flatters your shape!

posted over 4 years ago

ariannah
Style_council
ariannah

I love this look. I wear cuffed denim shorts with tights all the time. Perfect alternative to skirts for the colder months. :)

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION