Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashluv92
Style_council
fashluv92

I love wearing high waisted skirts but i have a somewhat large behind and everytime i wear high waisted skirts i’m afraid they look bad. How can i wear a high waisted skirt while feeling confident and making it look cute?

posted about 4 years ago
kia
Style_council
kia

Balance out a high waster skirt with a blouse with sleeves, a deep vee, ruffles, etc. This will create interest at the top of your outfit, but still won’t cover up your curves!

Example: http://www.fashionchicks.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/fashionchicks.co.uk/2007/09/highwaistsandblouses.jpg

Also, confidence is key when wearing clothing that you feel self conscious in…as long as YOU love it, people can’t question you.

posted about 4 years ago

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

i agree with the person above.
you should also pay attention to the type of high waisted skirt you buy. liek a-line or a pencil and stick to the one you find most flattering on your body type

posted about 4 years ago

woocie
Style_council
woocie

of course you can! i would wear a either a floral button up or a loose tshirt, or something that’s loose to make it diverse like kia said :)

posted about 4 years ago

Necca
Style_council
Necca

If your waist curves in nicely, you can wear a belt to accentuate it!
I tried and it didn’t really help much, but here’s an example: http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/305932-she+aimed+for+my+chest+with+lo-black-wet-seal-dress-black-wet-seal-belt-gray-xhiliration-skirt-black-vera

posted about 4 years ago

EmployedPanache
Style_council
EmployedPanache

If you don’t feel comfortable in a body-hugging skirt, flowy ones work well and will hide hips and a belly. I personally like prints balanced with a solid top or stripes (I’m loving stripes/florals right now!)

posted about 4 years ago

Agnes101
Style_council
Agnes101

they can sometimes look nice with a oversized blazer…not too oversized, vintage if possible :)

posted about 4 years ago

maryyasmine
Style_council
maryyasmine

Buy skater skirts, they’ll make your legs look a mile long and combine them with a blazer or a cropped army jacket.

posted about 4 years ago

New_user 23272 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 23272 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I agree – fit is what matters. I have an hourglass shape with a large bust and flowy, high waisted skirts make me look like I’m all boobs. If you’ve got a large behind and aren’t afraid to show it off, I’d suggest wearing a pencil skirt. They really do wonders for a curvy shape.

posted about 4 years ago

CorinaFischer
Style_council
CorinaFischer

lejakl and sweetdion\: I like to wear my pencil skirt with a patternede or printed basic tee with a wide belt and heels, the t-shirt makes is pretty chill so in combination with the skirt it balences out.

posted about 4 years ago

MGNSPR
Style_council
MGNSPR

high-waisted skirts i thought were supposed to enhance the rear so I say go with it and be proud…..many women in this world would kill for curves….if you do need some balance though make the focal point above the waist by either adding a belt, wearing a detailed top or throwing on some jewelry!!!

posted about 4 years ago

cakewithlegs
Style_council
cakewithlegs

i never feel like i could pull off high waisted pencil/bandage skirts. i feel like my rear/hips aren’t the right shape…if that makes sense. they tend to make them look…flat and just not flattering. maybe because i’m short?

posted about 4 years ago

kmd1_123
Style_council
kmd1_123

I agree with NaughtyBaubles, aren’t the high waisted skirts suppose to enhance the behind? give it a go!

posted about 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Oh you’re gonna look good wearing a high-waisted skirt. Just make sure it doesn’t fit too tightly in the hips so you can sit and walk. If you are a bit hesitant on a certain style of high-waist skirt, try it on in a darker color and wear something lighter/brighter on top. I love my black, full, high-waisted mini skirt full of tiers and ruffles and girlie junk. Though it enhances my rear, it doesn’t overpower the bottom half of my body because of its length, fit and color. :D

posted about 4 years ago

cayeconcepcion
Style_council
cayeconcepcion

my suggestion would be wear a loose top that has a triangle cut below over a high waisted skirt..it will hide ur hips in the process and give that effortless look.:)

posted about 4 years ago

HeadFirst
Style_council
HeadFirst

Like what many other people said, find a loose top, such as with ruffles, so it will even out your curves! The waist of the skirt will give you a perfect hourglass figure :) You can also try wearing a long jacket-blazer type thing.

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I wear tight shirts but I would love a chiffon top with ruffles!

posted about 4 years ago

Odette11
Style_council
Odette11

once you find the perfect skirt, you should be able to wear just about any top with it (:

posted about 4 years ago

alyshamari
Style_council
alyshamari

Just like the others, I think a loose shirt or one with loose details would help with balance. I would also recommend experimenting with belts.

posted about 4 years ago

chelseypaige
Style_council
chelseypaige

I’m the same shape, and I always belt it with a wide belt. It balances it out perfect :)

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION