Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashiontherapist
Style_council
fashionthera...

seriously why do guys find the “wayfarerz” kinda fagg!!? at least better than the oakleys !! all of the chicks out there find them soo hotttt..right?

posted over 6 years ago
1 2
kassndra
Style_council
kassndra

Probably can be deemed as the universal shape for sunglasses

posted almost 6 years ago

MissRoLL
Style_council
MissRoLL

guys & wayfarer, why not??
they look cool w/ wayfarer….esp. the black one…
look mysterious…^^

rowena_jordana
Style_council
rowena_jordana

My bf bought last summer a wayfarer in Italy, because my Aviator Ray-ban is stolen in Marrakech :(. I still rock my Glossy Dior, but the wayfarer is soo classic. i wear it but it look better on bf. Next summer i’ll wearing a beautiful Tom Ford !

coutureking9222
Style_council
coutureking9222

I am getting the ones in tortoise (im a guy) They aren’t “fagg”, they’re a classic

ParisTarts
Style_council
ParisTarts

When ray-ban makes them….and the guy has the right face and look to pull them off…its a hot mess….and I dig it :)

megz29_29
Style_council
megz29_29

it depends, sometimes they can look way too hipster-y…. it depends on the outfit.

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

“Hipster-y”…what is this assembled adjective actually supposed to infer? I fail to understand what is the actual criticism that is (now) just mounting against a silhouette that has been in near continuous production for over half a century. Granted, it had a slump through the late 90s, but it’s pretty much agreed upon that it’s a neutral and almost universally-flattering shape.

Now, if there are non-aesthetic reasons why you dislike it (association with a particular person, et cetera), then that is understandable. But that’s not an actual reason to say they don’t look good.

megz29_29
Style_council
megz29_29

it’s not the wayfarers I have a problem with, it’s the obnoxious outfits people tend to wear them with nowadays… this is my opinion

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

You seem to be confusing the sunglasses with the overall outfit. I do believe the thread was about the Wayfarer as an object unto itself.

Cad
Style_council
Cad

I think Wayfarers are cool, they’re retro and very hot together with an Rockabilly outfit on men. I see guys dressed like that with wayfarers all the time in the summer, on all the american carmeetings and shows I go to.

hhaak
Style_council
hhaak

yeah i dont like em on guys. i like them on girls these days cuz it totally plays into the androgyny, patti smith look thats super hot on girls.

on guys it seems too much like an exact revival of the eighties or something. at least on ladies it new and fresh still haha

ive had my pair of tortoise shells ones and they are die hard hardies! they are indestructible. i wont get anything else now.

hh

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

hot, i approve!

posted over 4 years ago

jaimieheart
Style_council
jaimieheart

^ I’m glad I’m not the only one that was offended by that statement.

posted over 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

i love guys who wear wayferers, definately better than oakleys!

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION