Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chica0770
Style_council
chica0770

so… fur was all over the runways… still is, actually. all over chictopia people are rushing to thrift stores, vintage stores, and ebay to find the Coat. the perfect one. so many decisions, though…what length? what color? closure or no closure? real or faux? it never ends.
when you’re deciding which way to go, first think about how you’re going to wear it most – dressed up or down? with jeans or leggings? etc. that will help narrow down the style, at least… although fur coats are usually quite versatile.
color: simply pick the one that will look best with you (your hair in particular); ie, i have brown hair, so i got a silver/gray/white coat, as brown wouldn’t work well with my hair.
length: there are generally 4 lengths for coats: short (hip), medium (mid-thigh), knee-length, and floor length. (only go floor length if you really are daring enough to pull it off! if not, it’ll sit around and gather dust forever). mine goes about mid-thigh, which i like because it’s long enough to (a) provide coverage = warmth, and (b) be dressed up or down. i usually wear mine with heels of some kind, because i’m short & need the height and therefore am always wearing heels; plus it helps lengthen my silhouette.
oh, and mine is faux fur… i’m against wearing animals, generally. (although i have been eying a vintage mink pillbox hat for a while now…)

~ r
posted over 5 years ago
Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

Definitely Faux

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

If I were ten years older, a lady, super rich, and could time-travel back a few years, I’d definitely have picked up a Revillon fur while Rick was still Creative Director.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION