Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
antoinettemarie
Style_council
antoinettemarie

So, currently at my high school the new trend/fad are these rubber band bracelets that are shaped like animals, cars, etc. Everyone has them and I just don’t understand why! People even trade them. Please tell me if these are in your schools or you have heard of them because they are almost as bad as crocs!

posted over 4 years ago
JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I’d like to see what this is… sounds like grade school!

posted over 4 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

I want to see a picture too!

posted over 4 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

Okay i think i saw a picture, they’re silly i couldn’t find the shape when they’re being worn haha, but i still think crocs are the worst

posted over 4 years ago

amethystfaye
Style_council
amethystfaye

what?! i wanna see these things!
can anyone show us a picture?

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

that is so bizarre!

posted over 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I just googled ‘animal rubber band bracelets’. Well at least they just look like rubber bands when worn… not animals. But still I wouldn’t think that high school kids are into these.

posted over 4 years ago

priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

I’m really surprised high schoolers are interested in wearing these. I could see first graders wearing these but not high schoolers…

posted over 4 years ago

gafraser
Style_council
gafraser

I just googled them too! That is such a bizzare trend

posted over 4 years ago

meghaneverafter
Style_council
meghaneverafter

I agree. I’ll often just wear a plain old rubber band around my wrist, but it’s for convenience ONLY (as in I’m too lazy to throw out the elastic that comes on the newspaper in the morning). I don’t know why anyone would
a) Want these
or b) go out of their way to get them.
Don’t get it at all.

posted over 4 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

OMG People in my school are CRAZY about them. My two friends spent 3 bucks (they’re 25 cents each) on them alone. Of course, they have animals AND cars. I didn’t even know they existed until like a week ago, now all my friends have them piled on their wrists. They’re cute, but damn, not THAT cute XP

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

lol i’ve seen these once, a girl who works with me got one in the shape of a turtle cuz of her sorority haha. i want one or two maybe, they’re cute

posted over 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I hate them… but I’m biased because I worked at a toy store that stocked them and we’d get calls everyday asking if we had a certain type.

Then I got fired and I hate everything toy-related.

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

just googled them and oh my gosh i love them!!

it kinda reminds me of when i was in primary/high school, people would wear lots of black plastic bracelets, think they’re called jelly bracelets or something, we used to call them f*ck bands, lol. or people would take the blue plastic circles from underneath coke bottle lids, rip out the middles and stretch them to wear as bracelets.

i think these animal bracelets are cuter though! and rubber bands are useful :P i love random cute things like that. i would collect them, but i would probably just keep them and look at them, i’m not sure if i would wear them on my wrists or not :P

posted over 4 years ago

MerryThePrankster
Style_council
MerryThePran...

I have no idea how they retain their shape, but I kind of think they’re adorable. Are they ridiculous? Sure. But they’re cute, so like many ridiculous but cute things I’ll let them slide.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION