Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
boot_dreams
Style_council
boot_dreams

do any of you all have a particular piece that you love so much that you’re afraid of wearing/ruining it—particularly a vintage or one-of-a-kind item?

posted almost 4 years ago
boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

honestly no. I feel like its such a waste to not wear things when you have it. No one will get to see how awesome it is if you never wear it! My mom used to buy designer bags once in awhile and just leave them in the closet because she didn’t want to ruin them but that kind of defeats the purpose of buying it, doesn’t it?

kat_mauvais
Style_council
kat_mauvais

I do that with skirts. I love to buy them, but I never wear them either because it’s too cold or that they’re too loud.

zanniplainjanefashion.blogspot.com

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I have this problem, but it’s more of a temporary thing. I have the washing machine from hell in my apartment; it wears and pills and sometimes even rips delicate clothes. (And I tried delicates bags and it just ripped right through them, too!). So I don’t like wearing delicate things too much because then at some point I have to wash them— but I’m afraid washing them would ruin them!

Sometimes I hand-wash, but it’s not practical for me to hand-wash in winter— and it’s just a hassle to do very often, period. So there’s a few things I don’t wear very often, but once I move and have access to a less aggressive washing machine maybe I’ll wear them more often, lol.

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

Delicate materials always make me nervous. Also, items that can’t be washed- leather! Taking care of that is quite daunting, indeed!

JamieRose
Style_council
JamieRose

I try not to wear my vintage concert t-shirts too often or wash them too often because they’re already really thin. They’re only going to last so long so I want to extend their life as much as possible.

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i’ve never had that except for this one red and black vintage sequin dress I found. It’s absolutely stunning. I’ve never really had the occasion to wear it out though, it’s rather formal, and I’d never wear it to one of my dances cuz i’m scared to get it sweaty :/

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I have lots of lovely items which i have never worn or rarely wear, but that’s mostly because there aren’t enough occasions to wear them! for example, fancy high heels or party dresses.. sigh!

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

My white Moschino skirt… first of all, it’s longer than what I’m used to, so for some reason it takes a bit of courage. Secondly, it’s white. Third, it’s the only new designer piece I own. The funny thing is, it cost $6 including shipping from the Outnet’s birthday sale, so it’s one of the cheapest skirts I own.

Talk about irony.

sioobs
New_user sioobs is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When sioobs reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sioobs

I try to wear all of my clothes out but I have this floral top and acid wash bottom romper that I just can’t get myself into wearing out

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

almost a lot of my vintage….I got it from my aunt and my mom. I live in a small town which not so interested with something like what we looked on runway. So when I determined to wear them, some people look at me like I’m an ugly :’(
then I decided ti wear them just for photo session.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION