Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sparrowandurchin
Style_council
sparrowandur...

I’m 5’6" completely smack dab in the middle of the average women’s height, but I feel awkward wearing heels, so I usually end up in flats. I love the look of heels but sometimes feel like a giant around all the women in my area (seems that people here are short). I think shorter women in heels is so chic, and tall women look modelesque… but what about the average girls?

So question, what is your height and what’s your favorite heel height?

posted over 4 years ago
1 2 4
BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I’m 5’4.5 and I can’t wear a heel of any height so I am permanently in flats.

posted about 2 years ago

wavytransition
Style_council
wavytransition

I’m 5’5" and I wear 3-4in. I don’t really like the way shorter heels look. So I tend not to buy them. Most days I wear flats but I think higher than 4.5" is overkill for me because most of my guy friends fall between 5’8" and 6’0" and I don’t want to be taller than them.

posted about 2 years ago

projektfashion
Style_council
projektfashion

I’m only 4’11" and my fave heel high is 4.5".

posted about 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

While we appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm to contribute to the discussion, please note that the original post in this thread was written over two years ago. Please avoid bumping old/dead threads. If you’d like to continue discussing this topic, please start a new thread.

Thanks!!!

posted about 2 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

1,65 and I wear everything

posted almost 2 years ago

HauteandComely
Style_council
HauteandComely

I am 5.4 and it’s got to be 6" darling.I feel more confident in heels

Monroe
Style_council
Monroe

5’2 … 4.5-6 inch

ZoeRae
Style_council
ZoeRae

4’11 and a quarter… so 5 inch but thick with a platform

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

I’m 5’4" but I love to wear 4 inch heels. I don’t really do it for the height, I mostly like the way my legs look in heels :P

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

5’2" and it depends mostly 4 inches are great:D

sugarplumcreek
Style_council
sugarplumcreek

I’m 5’4.5" and I wear 3-4 inches Wedges. For stilettos, 3 inches only. I know I below the avergae height but from where I came from, I’m actually one of the tallest around here. >weird<

Yumi_Kaeko
Style_council
Yumi_Kaeko

I’m 5"7, and my average heel height is 4 to 5in

posted over 1 year ago

KnowItAllGrrrl
Style_council
KnowItAllGrrrl

I’m 5’7.5, and I buy whatever shoes I like. However, I find myself in flats most of the time. Not only are they more comfy, but I feel more “grounded”.

I also too feel like a “giant” around people because where I live the average height for women is about 5’4 & for men it’s 5’9. This means the average woman in heels is shorter than me in flats, and in heels, I am taller than the average man. I admit, it does make me feel awkward. Maybe it shouldn’t, but it does…

When I want to dress up though, I go with heels, whether it’s a kitten heel or platform, the angle they give makes a difference.

I do wish more heels came in at 3" or less. There are so many great shoes out there that would be just as cute with a lower heel & more flattering on anyone over 5’6. I’m also sick of the stacked heel; it makes my foot look big & I don’t need the extra height. I wish more kitten heels were out there; you get the benefits of both with those – the ease of a flat & the flattering angle of a heel that lengthens the leg & makes the hips sway.

posted over 1 year ago

Chicyoyo
Style_council
Chicyoyo

5’8", used to wear really high heels, then sometimes I felt like an giant… these days I am hooked on just flats… :)

posted over 1 year ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

1m78 (I guess 5’9) and I wear high heels every single day (8cm) !

posted over 1 year ago

FashionAndFaith
Style_council
FashionAndFaith

I’m 5’10 so I hardly wear very high heels. Most of my shoes are about 3" I love wedges and chunky heels

posted over 1 year ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

1,56m (5’1 I guess) and I usually wear 10-13 cm every day. So… 4-5 inch heels.

posted over 1 year ago

KeilaFromPR
Style_council
KeilaFromPR

5’2
The heels…i love all! But usually use 4 inches

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I’m 5’1" .5 and my heels are 4 1/2 inches and no higher

posted over 1 year ago