SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mariSHKA
Style_council
mariSHKA

Hey well the tittle pretty much sums up my question,
do you have any idea what kind of clothes would be more flattering for a person with really wide hips like 44 and a really small waist 38
without looking strange..
this is my main problem i have to wear things that hide my waist since my hips are so large and it also make my chest look flat and my body very wide on the sides..

anybody have the same problem?

posted over 5 years ago
1 2
sugarsugar_dina
Style_council
sugarsugar_dina

Yeah I have the same problem. 25 inch waist but 38 in the hips. :/ I tend to stick to highwaisted items that highlight my waist and glide over hips. Sweater dresses are good too.

posted almost 3 years ago

KnowItAllGrrrl
Style_council
KnowItAllGrrrl

25 waist, 37 hip here. I have a “bubble butt” too.

The high waist look is great when it’s actually hitting my waist. The problem is my waist is usually a size 0/2 & my butt is a size 4/6, & so I compromise with a size 2/4 (whichever is inbetween)…this means the pants/skirts don’t come up as high as they should, since my butt takes some extra material (and the waist is always a little loose). To top it off, I am “high-waisted”, with my natural waist almost 2" above the belly button.

I need like an 11" rise for it to look truly high rise on me & not medium rise (the typical 10" tends to look med rise on me)…. but it is flattering when I wear it. Plus your legs look crazy long. Crazy long legs + curvy waist/hips is a GOOD look! :D

MELSHY
Style_council
MELSHY

I think I’m the only girl here that thinks this “problem” is the most beautiful feature on women’s body! Geezz I wish I had some more hip!

…sigh*… Great tips by the way!

SeizeTheVintage
Style_council
SeizeTheVintage

Knowitallgrrrk: I seem to have the same problem! I can never find dresses that look nice on my because the “waist” always sits too high and it feels uncomfortable, ha ha. :(

Melshy: Ha ha ha, it can be annoying! I love waist high shorts and skirts but I struggle to get them over my hips and then they’re too loose on my waist! I just end up belting everything.

1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION