SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
classiccharm
Style_council
classiccharm

hey would like honest opinions & thoughts

i would like to wears shorts this summer since i’ve never worn them in my 18yrs of living but i’m kind of worried about the reaction i’ll get. when a black girl wears shorts i’ve notice other black girls judge saying “y she trying so hard” but when a white walks by w/ the same shorts its now cute.

i wont get offended by anyones honesty. but was just wondering wat do u guys think of black girls wearing shorts

posted about 4 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i don’t think your skin colour matters. if you think something looks good on you with your body shape WEAR IT! you only have one life to live so enjoy it : ) i wear short shorts all the time though i would prefer some longer ones. i have runner thighs though so no model skinny legs here.

posted about 4 years ago

littlepleasure
Style_council
littlepleasure

i wear shorts all the time when it’s warm and i don’t have model legs.
and i think that shorts, especially from light denim, looks great on black girls!

posted about 4 years ago

fshnnerd
Style_council
fshnnerd

Im black& I dont think your color matters either. I think It depends on how you wear them, like make sure it’s in a way were your not showing to much skin because your already showing your legs. I think that’s why people say they’re trying to hard, because they don’t know how to balance the coverage of skin from sexy& chic, to trashy& tacky.

posted about 4 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

Colour shouldn’t matter, BUT if you do have the stereotypical black girl badonkadonk, TOO short may not flatter it and it MAY turn out a little skimpier than you’d like it to be. if anything, maybe try an inch or two length away from where the bum ends so it covers up, but you still have good leg showing. And if its still a bit of a big move for you, you can always do a fun pair of tights or leggings to add personality. Hope it helps XD

posted about 4 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

I’ve seen a ton of black girls wearing shorts before. Go for it!

posted about 4 years ago

ellacouture
Style_council
ellacouture

I love dark skin with shorts, especially white denim or light khaki. And I’ve seen loads of girls pull it off with class and finesse. It’s all about balance, like comments before me have mentioned.

I personally don’t like wearing short shorts. I feel they are not appropriate for my age (18) or occupation and I find them impractical and unflattering (just on me personally). While I love my body, I know that I have pretty heavy thighs, so slightly longer shorts or more slimming.

Try getting some inspiration from my favorite black supermodel, Jourdan Dunn. She rocks short shorts all the time, and still has enough class to walk for Prada!

posted about 4 years ago

polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

Your colour does not matter! I’m sure you’ll look gorgeous in short shorts! Go for it, and dont worry about what other people think :)

posted about 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

just go for it!

posted about 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

its summer and its hot, wear the shorts

posted about 4 years ago

SanjaJUNGLE
Style_council
SanjaJUNGLE

Love shorts shorts and it’s even better for you that you don’t have to tan ;) I really don’t like to see very pale legs in shorts, but that’s just my opinion

posted about 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I don’t think skin tone matters. I wear shorts but not the ones that are so short your butt hangs out when you walk. I guess its even socially acceptable for half your butt to be hanging out of your shorts nowadays judging from how many people wear shorts that ARE that short. Anyway, the point is short shorts are fine as long as your butt doesn’t stick out.

posted about 4 years ago

WardrobeStories
Style_council
WardrobeStories

Think it just depends on how you wear it! Black people can have great shorts while white have their butt haning out. Too bad people think so stereotypical.
Just shop around and find shorts that look great on you! And if you do look great then no one can make a justified comment about it!

posted about 4 years ago

GingerGamine
Style_council
GingerGamine

Gril, I say you rock some shorts.
Who cares what anyone else thinks?

posted about 4 years ago

teenageloveaffair
Style_council
teenagelovea...

Wear those shorts and own that look! :D

posted about 4 years ago

BlackSheep
Style_council
BlackSheep

i don’t see where is the difference between a black girl and a white girl wearing anything, so why do you care? rock those shorts! wear anything you like…

Black Sheep

posted about 4 years ago

sliponroses
Style_council
sliponroses

If you want to wear them, then do so. Express yourself freely =)

posted about 4 years ago

kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

everyone can wear shorts~ go get some!

posted about 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

omg wear shorts all the time! anyone can!

posted about 4 years ago

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

it doesn’t matter what race/skin colour you have! rock those short shorts! as long as nothing is hanging out, anyone can wear shorts. i would like to, however it’s storming outside right now.

posted about 4 years ago

younwhasam
Style_council
younwhasam

i <3 short shorts :) they are seriously like half of my summer wardrobe

posted about 4 years ago

xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

just wear the shorts already! ;o)

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION