Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
freedyriver
Style_council
freedyriver

I have utterly no clue what to wear for my families upcoming picnic. I want to be a tad conservative yet still look nice, what would you do?

posted over 6 years ago
yarnnotfood
Style_council
yarnnotfood

I have the same problem – dressing for family can be so awkward.
I say the best bet is denim below the waist and cotton above, with some sort of flat shoe.
But ideally, you should just be able to wear whatever you want and your family will love (and not gossip about) you anyways.

posted over 6 years ago

laci
Style_council
laci

i think it all depends what you plan on doing at this picnic. if you’re going to be running and playing with the little ones, you might just want to do maybe jean shorts and flats and a tank or something. but if you- like me- won’t be doing a lot of physical activity you could just wear a cute dress (but probably not a mini). and maybe even wedges, if you’re into tall shoes. i just wouldn’t do a skinny heel or anything because they always get stuck in the grass. for me, anyway.

posted over 6 years ago

maitabaello
Style_council
maitabaello

you could wear a pretty dress with flats :) or just wear shorts, a white top and flats. you can just accesorize or wear a cute cardigan :)

posted over 6 years ago

caiko
Style_council
caiko

“But ideally, you should just be able to wear whatever you want and your family will love (and not gossip about) you anyways.”
I agree. I think it’s kinda unfortunate if you have to ask for advice for what to wear for a family function. They’re your family! They’ve probably seen you when you were a naked baby. It shouldn’t matter what you wear.

posted over 6 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

a nice plain dress/floral patterned with sandals :D and curly hair

posted over 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

^ that
or just a tank, shorts and sneakers or sandals
just be yourself

posted over 4 years ago

raynajp
Style_council
raynajp

Definitely not a dress, if you’re sitting down on a picnic blanket in a park you’re going to have the hardest time staying comfortable without flashing everyone. I say a loose-fitted and mid-thigh (or bermuda length) short (this way so when you sit down nothing’s showing in the bag or the front) with whatever top you want (obviously nothing provocative). Sunglasses and maybe even some sort of hat for the sun are always a must!

posted over 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

if its a sit down in the grass kind of picnic then maybe a dress wouldn’t be such a good idea because bugs and stuff can get into your undies.

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

a longer sun dress, wedges, and a sweet hat :)

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION