Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
theVT86
Style_council
theVT86

Hey everyone, I will be vacationing in Miami for one week in early August. As a native SF/Bay Area girl, what kind of clothes should I bring to wear? I guess it’s time for me to incorporate some bright colors into my mainly black, gray, brown, and white wardrobe, huh?
What is the style of people in Miami? What do you suggest I wear at night for the clubs and fancy restaurants?
Oh yes! and what should my boyfriend wear? He’s mainly a jeans kind of guy, so he’s already a bit weary of the white linen pants that we’ve heard are worn by a lot of men in Miami.
Thanks the help you guys!-VT

posted almost 6 years ago
fairysoul806
Style_council
fairysoul806

i’m living in the bay now, but i’m a ‘Miamian’. short grecian dresses are the best – you can dress them up or down. in MIA is all about your shoes and handbag. glasses are a must. if you pretend to be a celebrity you’ll fit right in j/k dont do too much bright, i’d go with neutrals mixed with color or just neutrals. it’s crazy hot and humid at this time of year. no layering required. you’ll rather be naked lol
for the bf, linen pants? he might skip those. button down shirts with jeans/khakis usually pass anywhere there. he can wear short khakis (i’m not much of a man stylist :c )
night clubs= again short flowy dresses would be my choice cotton or jersey. wear sunblock. i would have bright lips all the time and very little else ( you’ll sweat it off ). and in case you were not aware, it is hurricane season, so beware. btw, the AC in most places is blasting, so wear a light cardigan or sweater if you get cold easy. besides that – enjoy your time there and know that I wish I were there too ;)

theVT86
Style_council
theVT86

Thank you! those are great tips! -VT

amedeiros1
Style_council
amedeiros1

How soon are you leaving for Miami? I have some new “Miami-esque” dresses that will be up on MuitoFina.com very soon. I can share with you beforehand if you’re at all interested.
Let me know!
Anna

REPLY TO DISCUSSION